Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think the one problem Glasgow will face is that Scotstoun isn't going to be big enough going forward for the crowds they are getting, and with the running track any stands at the end are going to miles from the pitch unless you build over it.

Not a bad problem to have, but i think they need the 10,000 permanently as they are filling the 6000 on a regular basis now.

Yep agree with that. The running track does spoil things a bit- it's great when the end stands are nice and tight to the pitch.

Tickets bought so will be going to Dublin :D

I'd imagine there would be scope to extend/rebuild the North stand (I sit there) so that it would almost mirror the south stand. That would bump up capacity by 1000 or so possibly. I don't see them building anything permanent behind the posts beyond the running track. It would encroach on the pitches behind one end for a start.

It's a Glasgow life/city council property so anything would have to be done through them. Also when the stadium was rebuilt and the lease agreed I don't think either party imagined that Glasgow would be selling out games probably seen as on opportunity for the council to make money on a venue that's mainly sitting unused, remember it's still supposed to be predominantly an athletics venue.

Ticket bought this afternoon for the final.

Japan beat Hong Kong yesterday to qualify for next year's World Cup to round off Scotland's group along with South Africa, Samoa and the USA.

Fixtures:

23.09.15 Japan at Kingsholm

27.09.15 USA at Elland Road

03.10.15 South Africa at St. James Park

10.10.15 Samoa at St James Park

Japan beat Hong Kong yesterday to qualify for next year's World Cup to round off Scotland's group along with South Africa, Samoa and the USA.

Fixtures:

23.09.15 Japan at Kingsholm

27.09.15 USA at Elland Road

03.10.15 South Africa at St. James Park

10.10.15 Samoa at St James Park

Hopefully get to a few of the games. Heard the ticket sale was postponed due to problems with the commonwealth tickets?

Hopefully get to a few of the games. Heard the ticket sale was postponed due to problems with the commonwealth tickets?

Not sure, would certainly like to catch a couple. I've got family in Leeds and Newcastle can be done easily in the one day.

Ticket sales to English club rugby supporters/members etc delayed.

Tickets for Scotland's games go on sale in September. I imagine if you're a season ticket holder with either pro team or the national team you'll get first crack at them. Prices from 20 up to 85 quid.

Just noticed that Australia, England and Wales are all in the same group.

Scotland seem to have got pretty lucky with how the seeding system worked. South Africa will be the expected winners with the samoa game I imagine being a winner take all situation for the runner up spot.

Just noticed that Australia, England and Wales are all in the same group.

Scotland seem to have got pretty lucky with how the seeding system worked. South Africa will be the expected winners with the samoa game I imagine being a winner take all situation for the runner up spot.

IIRC when the draw was made Scotland and Wales were both outside the top 8 in the IRB rankings, could easily have been us that had that draw. Definitely a fortunate draw.

Cracking deal the SRU have on Murrayfield naming rights. Should give Doncaster a call and show how it's done.

Looking forward to Saturday night now, hopefully Warriors will do it...

IIRC when the draw was made Scotland and Wales were both outside the top 8 in the IRB rankings, could easily have been us that had that draw. Definitely a fortunate draw.

Totally. It's a nightmare draw for all 3. England could be ok with home advantage, but imagine them going out in the groups at home!

Getting a bit edgy for the Warriors game on Saturday. Gonna be a tough one to call, Leinster are favourites, but a Glasgow win wouldn't be a huge upset. Agreewith previous comments wrt Finn Russell - he's a cracking prospect, and hopefully will have a great summer with Scotland.

Incidentally, anyone know when tickets go on sale for the Autiumn Internationals?

Cracking deal the SRU have on Murrayfield naming rights. Should give Doncaster a call and show how it's done.

Yep, they've been burdened by the debt since Murrayfield was redeveloped, that's effectively been wiped out in one go. As you say, puts the goons at the SPFL and SFA to shame.

Autumn test ticket info should be up soon. They will likely do the season ticket passes again.

It was supposed to be the end of May. They might be waiting until after the game on Saturday. Warriors renewal info should be available soon. Hopefully a win will see greater interest in Glasgow and maybe provide a knock on effect over in Edinburgh.

Agree with what's been said about the BT deal, puts the sfa to shame. Great investment in Scottish rugby from BT.