Rugby Union

kiwififer

Dunbar, Horne and Lamont are all injured so Russell is the best available choice for 12.

Wasps have a 34 year old Andy Goode and another fly half I've never heard of, so I'd say Jackson has a good chance of becoming first choice there. I wonder if it was the SRU's decision rather than Townsend's to keep Weir over Jackson. Jacko seems to have been his preferred 10 since he took over and has been in better form, then Weir starts all 6N games and gets a new long term deal.

Here's a question though, the final is held at the stadium of whoever finished highest in the league of the two finalist is that correct? Maybe needs reviewed in future.

The highest team has the choice of stadium but I think it needs to hold 18000+, so I'm not sure where the Warriors would play if they host it.

The highest team has the choice of stadium but I think it needs to hold 18000+, so I'm not sure where the Warriors would play if they host it.

the rule in full is here

3.7. The RaboDirect PRO12 Final is provisionally scheduled to take place on the weekend of 25/26 May. RaboDirect PRO12 will determine the venue for the RaboDirect PRO12 Final however the Team that finished highest in the league stage competing in the Final will be able to propose a venue within its own Union's jurisdiction (which may include the team's own ground) to host the RaboDirect PRO12 Final, provided that the venue meets certain commercial criteria and has capacity for a minimum of 18,000 spectators.

So if Glasgow are the top ranked side in the final they will have to ask for the loan of a football ground as Scotstoun is not big enough and I don't think Murrayfield will be ready in time.

Enjoying the Glasgow Vs Edinburgh match. 16 - 10 to Glasgow 25 minutes in. Edinburgh unlucky to have a try disallowed (not 100% sure why, Alba commentary is annoying). Enjoyable match though.

His foot went in to touch before he was able to touch the ball down.

Glasgow seemed to take the foot off the gas big style towards the end of that one. Though I'm not sure Fusaro's try was chalked off and how Edinburgh's 3rd stood, and it looked like a forward pass for the 4th. Jackson had a great game and was my MOM, certainly miss him and Cusiter next season. Bennett has been in fine form recently, deserves his chance in the summer tour. Scott was excellent for Edinburgh and Gilchrist put in a good shift. Don't think Kellock has much longer at this level though...

Definitely in Glasgow's hands now. Need to beat Treviso away and Zebre home, and get a try bonus in one of them to guarantee a home semi. To be honest, if we can't achieve that then we probably don't deserve it.

Any kind of win away to Treviso would do then with Zebre in the final game at home I'd expect a big score and bonus point. Niko at scrum half for the last 10-15 minutes and bring on Carlin Isles tell him it's 7s and have him run at a tiring Zebre.

the rule in full is here

So if Glasgow are the top ranked side in the final they will have to ask for the loan of a football ground as Scotstoun is not big enough and I don't think Murrayfield will be ready in time.

Aye the rule is conveniently the size of the RDS....

I believe Rugby Park was mooted, as SRU have a test scheduled for there in the Autumn. However the play-off dates for the SPFL clash!

Collected my tickets on Monday for the semi final v Munster. Glasgow named their team today, Cusiter back in as well as Finn Russell in for Duncan Weir.

Think this should be pretty close to a sell out.

BT to secure naming rights to Murrayfield for the next five years.

I think Townsend has his team spot on for tomorrow night. Whilst he may not have the same moments of spark as Hogg, I think Murchie is a more solid full back and has been in better form. Kellock is in to get on the side of the ref as much as anything. Only a few hundred tickets left. Should be a cracker. Glasgow have a strong bench too, fingers crossed we get the job done.

Put this on Alba. First thing I saw was a try given to Munster that I'm 99% sure didn't actually cross the try line. Then again my knowledge of Rugby is pretty poor and listening to Gaelic commentary doesn't illuminate things for me.