Rugby Union

kiwififer

Delighted that Liam Williams cost Wales the game, he's one of the biggest bellends in rugby. I thought it would have been a red card too?

I'd have thought yellow, was surprised when it didn't come, especially when he made the break that set up the first DG attempt!

He was lucky last week too - clotheslined Le Roux after the kick ahead that Habana scored off. He's a loose cannon.

They still get the 5 for the try.

Basically the conversion is taken under the posts rather than in line with where the try would have been scored/the offence occurred, so in today's case, SA had a kick under the posts rather than out on the touchline.

The "10 point try" is the lesser spotted one at international level - if a player commits an offence when the try has already been awarded (eg sliding into the the try scorer), a penalty is awarded at halfway instead of the restart, and of course they can opt to kick that at goal. Seen it a few times in club rugby, but not at the top level.

I saw Dundee high beat Gala 10-3 with a last play of the game 10 pointer in the mid 90s.

#coolstory

They still get the 5 for the try.

Basically the conversion is taken under the posts rather than in line with where the try would have been scored/the offence occurred, so in today's case, SA had a kick under the posts rather than out on the touchline.

The "10 point try" is the lesser spotted one at international level - if a player commits an offence when the try has already been awarded (eg sliding into the the try scorer), a penalty is awarded at halfway instead of the restart, and of course they can opt to kick that at goal. Seen it a few times in club rugby, but not at the top level.

I'd imagine if any team was to concede a 10 point try, it'd be Scotland.

I'd discount that fixture in the world cup. Scotland's biggest game will be the final group game against Samoa! That's hoping/assuming Scotland have beaten Japan and the USA earlier in the group.

Wouldn't read too much in to yesterday either. Makeshift side at the end of a tough domestic season and a tour that took them from Canada to Argentina then South Africa.

Does anyone know when the Rabo 12 fixtures normally get announced? I'm thinking of getting season tickets for Scotstoun but would need most home games to be on a Friday night to make it worthwhile.

Does anyone know when the Rabo 12 fixtures normally get announced? I'm thinking of getting season tickets for Scotstoun but would need most home games to be on a Friday night to make it worthwhile.

They were announced on the 19th of July for the season that just ended so I would guess it will be around the same time this year

I'd suggest you get them now. The south stand is sold out and there are only a few dozen seats available In the North stand.

Sky have the rights to the pro12 next season so I imagine the odd game or two might be moved to Saturday or Sunday to accomodate the cameras. For the most part they should remain on Fridays.

The deadline for season ticket renewals is this Friday so more seats may open up.

Cheers, was hoping to get something sorted quickly after the renewals close but wasn't sure when the fixtures came out as a change of timings to a Saturday would have made a season ticket a waste of money because of work

Cheers, was hoping to get something sorted quickly after the renewals close but wasn't sure when the fixtures came out as a change of timings to a Saturday would have made a season ticket a waste of money because of work

They don't usually pick Saturday home games. We had 2 which were re-arranged games from postponements which were a Saturday evening. We had a Toulon match on a Saturday in the Heineken too. Suspect the vast majority of games will be Friday night. Don't think there is any indication that TV will change that yet?

Alba will still be showing games as far as I'm aware. Think the deal meant that the Gaelic language channels (alba and s4c) kept games on Friday nights as they aren't in direct competition for market share with sky sports. Sky will show games on Saturdays and Sundays at 3pm.

pleased with that, quite enjoy watching Glasgow on a Friday night, although being one of the top teams I can see them getting switched to Saturdays quite often, although I would expect the Irish and Welsh teams will be the TV picks more often, as they have the bigger TV audience

Alba will still be showing games as far as I'm aware. Think the deal meant that the Gaelic language channels (alba and s4c) kept games on Friday nights as they aren't in direct competition for market share with sky sports. Sky will show games on Saturdays and Sundays at 3pm.

Damn, hadn't realised it was Sat at 3pm for Sky games. Got a Saints ticket too and was lucky last year to have no clashes towards the end!

Season ticket deadline is extended to the 7th July too if folk are waiting on any seats becoming available.

Guinness to be the new title sponsor of the Pro 12.

Sky will show 33 games live over the course of the season. Every other weekend would be a live double header of games then or perhaps one live saturday and one on a sunday.