Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guinness to be the new title sponsor of the Pro 12.

Sky will show 33 games live over the course of the season. Every other weekend would be a live double header of games then or perhaps one live saturday and one on a sunday.

It is not been announced yet but a Guinness pro 12 web site has been registered. But when this deal happens and the Sky deal should help the image of the Pro 12 and hopefully Scottish Rugby

Guinness Pro 12 would be decent to be honest. Certainly with the coverage on Sky it is stepping up a bit to raise its profile.

Interesting to see Nick 'the honeybadger' Cummins leave the western force for Japan. Aussies agreed to release him to go to Japan, seemingly to earn more cash to support 2 siblings with cystic fibrosis and his Dad who now has prostate cancer. Tough call for him to make with a World Cup coming up.

Edited by flyingscot

Guinness Pro 12 would be decent to be honest. Certainly with the coverage on Sky it is stepping up a bit to raise its profile.

Interesting to see Nick 'the honeybadger' Cummins leave the western force for Japan. Aussies agreed to release him to go to Japan, seemingly to earn more cash to support 2 siblings with cystic fibrosis and his Dad who now has prostate cancer. Tough call for him to make with a World Cup coming up.

They were talking about it during the Force game at the weekend - the contract length apparently allows him enough time to get back to Oz before the WC, and the ARU are yet to rule him out.

Edit for smelling.

Edited by Mark Connolly

Hope there's not too many Saturday afternoon games with this new tv deal. Couldn't have worked better for me last year, I was able to get to every home Clyde, Glasgow and Scotland game. Our playoff final at Methil even kicked off an hour earlier which enabled me to get to Scotstoun for the Zebre game.

I noticed there is pretty much a rugby version of Football Manager coming out http://www.incgamers.com/2014/07/pro-rugby-manager-2015-being-released-by-505-later-this-year

I've been wanting a game like this for ages, but it seems to be just the Pro12, English and French leagues that you'll be able to play.

Glasgow at home against Leinster in the first game of the season. I imagine that would be the game sky look to open their Pro 12 coverage with.

Edinburgh are away to Munster. No specific times against fixtures as yet.

It's the international weekend so a Saturday Sky game here would mean no football missed!

Hope they confirm the Ulster game time, quite fancy the trip over to Ravenhill this year but it will clash with Scotland v Georgia I think!

Edited by flyingscot

Reading other rugby based forums the school of thought is that teams will have a maximum of two home games televised during the season. That shouldn't be too disruptive and would see the majority of home games anyway remain on Friday nights at scotstoun.

Just 3 short of having sold 2700 season tickets for the new season at Scotstoun. Pretty good effort and growing year on year.

They have released an extra 200 seats (for next season only). So they should have about 3000 season ticket holders. But if u don't already have one you have next to no chance in getting one.

Another season like last and the capacity will soon become an issue at Scotstoun. That's unless the council gives the go ahead for them to use the temporary stands for the full season.

I found it interesting there was some talk to re-locating the Hampden track.

Which might be interesting if they found a place for it and let Glasgow further develop Scotstoun.

• 3 weeks later...

Hardly the best of notice but for those of us who were discussing it after last year's Rugby League World Cup, the details of this autumn's European Cup - the winner of which will qualify for the Four Nations (but in 2016 not the expected 2015) have been confirmed. Ireland joins the usual trio.

Scotland has got 2 home games, but one of these is being played in Workington...!! Other is at Netherdale in Gala.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_European_Cup_(rugby_league)

EDIT: Apparently there's a "Great Britain" tour to Australia & NZ in autumn 2015, which has pushed the intended Four Nations into the usually blank 2016 ahead of the next RLWC in 2017.

On the subject of the 2017 World Cup it's also been announced that 7 of the 8 quarter-finalists from 2013 qualify automatically. That includes Scotland of course. For some reason the United States have been told they'll have to qualify.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Posted on the Warriors Forum-

Glasgow Warriors 2014/15 GUINNESS PRO12 Fixtures

• Saturday 6 September - Glasgow Warriors v Leinster (kick-off 5.15pm) - Sky Sports
  • Sunday 14 September - Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors (kick-off 4pm) - S4C
  • Saturday 20 September - Dragons v Glasgow Warriors (kick-off 2.40pm) - Sky Sports
  • Friday 26 September - Glasgow Warriors v Connacht (kick-off 7.35pm)
  • Sunday 5 October - Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors (kick-off 3pm) - TBC
  • Saturday 11 October - Ulster v Glasgow Warriors (kick-off 5.05pm) - Sky Sports
  • Friday 31 October - Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso (kick-off 7.35pm)
  • Friday 21 November - Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors (kick-off 7.35pm) - BBC Wales
  • Sunday 30 November - Glasgow Warriors v Newport Gwent Dragons (kick-off 4pm) - BBC ALBA
  • Saturday 20 December - Glasgow Warriors v Munster (kick-off 2.40pm) - Sky Sports
  • Saturday 27 December - Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby (kick-off 2.40pm) - Sky Sports
  • Friday 2 January - Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors (kick-off 7.35pm) - BBC ALBA
  • Friday 9 January - Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets (kick-off 7.35pm) - BBC ALBA

So only 3 Friday night home games.

I'll miss the Munster game due to Saints v Motherwell, but should make the other ones. Hoping the St Mirren v Motherwell one goes to Friday night as per recent years!

This sounds silly now that I'm writing it down, but I think I saw some of the Edinburgh rugby team selling big issues outside Haymarket this afternoon.

Really should have bought one, they could use the money to buy tissues after Glasgow beat them in the 1872 cup again.

This sounds silly now that I'm writing it down, but I think I saw some of the Edinburgh rugby team selling big issues outside Haymarket this afternoon.

Really should have bought one, they could use the money to buy tissues after Glasgow beat them in the 1872 cup again.

They were selling them as part of a volunteer week they do.

http://www.forthone.com/win/edinburgh-rugby-volunteering/

Disappointed with the fixture list, like the Friday night games.

Likewise, for all their talk about trying to keep games on a Friday night the fixture list isn't too clever, 4 Sat/Sun games in the first 13 weeks is probably more than I expected all season, staring to doubt the benefit of buying a season ticket already.