Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow squad is stretched for the Bath game on Sunday, back row consisting of a hooker, lock and centre. Sean Lamont looks like he'll be covering the back row from the bench.

Yep, had a sharp intake of breath when I saw the team announcement. It was always going to be tough against a Bath side which is playing far better than they were at the time of the first game, but given the line up it would be one of Glasgow's best results, possibly even the best ever, if they could somehow win.

Pro12 final will take place at Ravenhill this year, seems strange to have just changed this rule midseason. Tickets go on sale next week, apparently only 2000 tickets will be held back for the finalists. Seems a bit farcial if it's a Glasgow vs Ospreys final with both teams having to travel to a different country, or Leinster vs Munster which usually gets crowds of over 40,000.

Pro12 final will take place at Ravenhill this year, seems strange to have just changed this rule midseason. Tickets go on sale next week, apparently only 2000 tickets will be held back for the finalists. Seems a bit farcial if it's a Glasgow vs Ospreys final with both teams having to travel to a different country, or Leinster vs Munster which usually gets crowds of over 40,000.

I don't mind this to be honest. A neutral rotating venue sounds a good idea, bring the Pro12 final about as it has never been outside the Republic of Ireland.

The tickets going on sale early is a joke. Should I buy tickets and cancellable flights and accommodation just in case? If Glasgow aren't there stubhub the tickets and cancel travel/hotel?

Rumour is next year will be 6 team play-offs.

another move to keep sponsers etc happy, previously it was top seed picked the venue for final which meant you had to wait until after the semi's before you knoew where it was, but was in place so the team finishing first got home advantage.

I dont mind if it rotates as long as its a set Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy etc but it needs to be a minimum 30k stadium, 18k at Ravenhill isn't big enough for a final

In other news, Ryan Grant's trial reports on the BBC are increasingly hilarious. My favourite line so far; "leave it out, Batman".

Ryan Wilson was found guilty and fined £750. Charges against Grant and Hughes were not proven. The reports are brilliant.

"A minion, a red crayon and others in fancy dress were nearby as the incident unfolded."

Ryan Wilson was found guilty and fined £750. Charges against Grant and Hughes were not proven. The reports are brilliant.

"A minion, a red crayon and others in fancy dress were nearby as the incident unfolded."

"Richie Vernon - who was dressed as a shark."

Re the fancy dress fiasco sounds like Batman may have have his fate decided tomorrow. Does he deserve any further punishment of does a £750 fine see an end to the matter?

He's suspended indefinitely from the Pro12 and international duty.

Personally should be given a ticking off, some community service by the club say coaching kids etc and get back on the field.

• 2 weeks later...