Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think its the right time for Laidlaw to go. Price and Horne are both good scrum halfs so from a positional sense Im not too worried, (and for a few years he hasn't suited the way we want to play) we also have Pyrgos, young Dobbie and there are one or two others about if there is a crisis. I think the bigger loss is his leadership and his goal kicking. With Barclay standing down, and McInally out of form who do you turn to as captain? For me no one really stands out - you see potential captains in Matt Fagerson and Bradbury but I think they are still to young to get the gig now, but none of the older players really seem captain material. And goal kicking also, Russel is capable, but isn't first choice at his club, and Hogg could chip in but I think we could be missing points, when we need all we can get.

Ritchie a clear standout captain for me. Tremendous player who leads by example and shows maturity well beyond his years. Finn is a superb goal kicker, no worries there.

He was one of the first I thought of, it obviously has to be someone who will start every game and IMO he is one of only a handful who at the moment you would think is a dead cert pick. 

Hopefully Jamie Dobie gets plenty of game time at Glasgow too, because he is going to be the business.
Horrible news about Rob Burrow, just heard a bit of the interview with Tanya Arnold on 5Live. MND is absolutely brutal.
Very sad news about Burrow, like Doddie he is putting a brave face on it.