Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guest Bob Mahelp

The first 20 minutes next Saturday are going to be vital for the future of the next 2 years of Scottish rugby. 

If we turn up like pussies and start with the same limp, dis-organised shite that we showed in Yokohama...possibly going 10 to 15 points down.....then I can't see us recovering in the next 4 games, and I can't see Townsend surviving in the medium to long term. 

It's up to him to get the team, regardless of the players, fired up and inspired enough to man up against an Ireland side that are bound to be a wee bit nervous as well. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

The first 20 minutes next Saturday are going to be vital for the future of the next 2 years of Scottish rugby. 
If we turn up like pussies and start with the same limp, dis-organised shite that we showed in Yokohama...possibly going 10 to 15 points down.....then I can't see us recovering in the next 4 games, and I can't see Townsend surviving in the medium to long term. 
It's up to him to get the team, regardless of the players, fired up and inspired enough to man up against an Ireland side that are bound to be a wee bit nervous as well. 

I’ll be staggered if they aren’t 21-3 down at that point.

Anyone else watching Northampton v London Irish?

Referee and TMO (that arsehole Rowan Kitt) have lost the plot on seatbelt tackles. The tiniest touch by an Irish player on a shoulder is a penalty, but Reinach just prevented a try with one, and they gave a knock-on because it "wasn't enough".

On the plus side, Blair Cowan has been smashing f**k out of Naiyaravoro

Don't know the veracity of the claim but I read earlier today that he was signing for Perpignan in the French second tier.

Can't remember if it's been mentioned here but Laidlaw's almost certainly leaving Clermont at the end of the season and he's not retiring. Back to Edinburgh?

37 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Don't know the veracity of the claim but I read earlier today that he was signing for Perpignan in the French second tier.

32 minutes ago, ddfg said:

He's far better than the utter jobbers who populate Pro D2. Perpignan could end up going back up straight away anyway.

Either way, assuming he stays in France, would take him at Stade Francais - especially if they end up making a cod of it and getting relegated. They need someone to replace Parisse as the moaning faced gobshite.

*edit* Josh Strauss ended up at Stade earlier on this season - he contributed fuckall.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Ashton of Saracens digging a bigger hole for everyone:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51272146

So there's a salary cap... everyone is questioning how your club can be staying under it... and they can't pay you any more... but the owner comes and views houses with you, secures your mortgage, pays half the deposit, plus owns 20% of it outright only repayable (interest-free?) if you ever sell... but you feel "nah this is totally fine"...

EDIT: £800k overpaid in "image rights" and £95k in "hospitality":

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51222415

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 24/01/2020 at 11:28, GordonS said:

Some amount of shite being spouted by the anti-Townsend brigade. Before they knew anything they had Finn Russell being booted out after nobly standing up to him on tactics. Now they know that didn't happen, they're still blaming him anyway. Some people just don't like the guy and would have it in for him no matter what.

I see after Townsend has spent half the day saying the door is open for Finn to return, he has fucked off to Dubai... Not sure what more Townsend can do tbh, especially when it’s sounding like the senior player group (which you’d have expected Russell to be part of) played a big part in the decision.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

I see after Townsend has spent half the day saying the door is open for Finn to return, he has fucked off to Dubai... Not sure what more Townsend can do tbh, especially when it’s sounding like the senior player group (which you’d have expected Russell to be part of) played a big part in the decision.

Oof.

I keep thinking back to when Townsend left Hogg on the sidelines for months early in his Glasgow career, for becoming a Billy Big-Bollocks. It did Hogg the world of good. None of us on the outside can know what effect it would have on the squad for Townsend to turn a blind eye to all that's happened but you can't imagine it would be good.