Rugby Union

kiwififer

Gutting but a very good performance especially up front. 

Fagerson, Cummings, Gray and Ritchie were superb. Price the pick of the backs apart from his daft penalty, his defence is like an extra man compared to Greig. 

Hastings was nothing more than competent which wasn't enough. Hogg is mentally weak but he played well other than the drop. 

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

A lot of posts saying we played well, and I’m far from a rugby expert, but it looked like a lot of basic mistakes were made today at key points when we had pressure, mainly dropping the ball on the try line with nobody making a tackle on us.

It's both. We played well, but did make key mistakes at key times.

I've fifteen minutes to watch and this is painful. Same old shite every game. Handling errors, daft penalties, kicking over the top without any thought- we have virtually zero game management. The Irish may be a shower of wanks but they know how to shitebag for eighty minutes. We can't do it for five.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

A lot of posts saying we played well, and I’m far from a rugby expert, but it looked like a lot of basic mistakes were made today at key points when we had pressure, mainly dropping the ball on the try line with nobody making a tackle on us.

That's a tiny part of the game. The main thing is we were excellent in the contact and didn't make too many errors. 

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Gutting but a very good performance especially up front. 

Fagerson, Cummings, Gray and Ritchie were superb. Price the pick of the backs apart from his daft penalty, his defence is like an extra man compared to Greig. 

Hastings was nothing more than competent which wasn't enough. Hogg is mentally weak but he played well other than the drop. 

Totally agree. We will get slated because we lost, but we played well today. Russell being a c**t cost us that game because the front five absolutely gave everything. He would have loved that front foot ball but we missed his x factor. Not that Hastings played badly, but it just wasn't enough.

An infuriating game - Scotland had more than enough chances to kill this game.

Ireland grinding out with their "streetwise" rugby.

I've fifteen minutes to watch and this is painful. Same old shite every game. Handling errors, daft penalties, kicking over the top without any thought- we have virtually zero game management. The Irish may be a shower of wanks but they know how to shitebag for eighty minutes. We can't do it for five.
Both these comments sum it up. Played well for so much of the game but we are mentally very weak, make poor decisions and basic errors. With little game management, until all these change, we will continue to be an utter irrelevance.

And that is for both the rugby and football teams.

Its so frustrating as I think most people expected us to be bent over and given a good seeing too, but the forwards fronted up, and I think we had the upper hand for the most part. I think a lot of it is the players trying too hard with the silly penalties. Prices was stupid, Brown gave away another stupid penalty, Johnson the same sill barge.

I thought for once today the ref was good, and didnt let the Irish away with a lot of the usual shit the do which was good to see. The positive is at least it was our own mistakes that cost us the game, and we didnt get rag dolled like we did in Japan. Of the forwards i thought everyone put in a shift, Was suprised when Nel came on, what happened to Bergham? I thought Cummings, Sutherland and Haining as the newcomers didn't look out of place, Hastings I thought was decent, Johnson was excellent. 

For next week we just need to trust each other more in defence rather than trying to do everything ourselves which leads to the silly penalties. 

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
An infuriating game - Scotland had more than enough chances to kill this game.

Ireland grinding out with their "streetwise" rugby.

Said this before game and shitebags like Mark Connolly said otherwise. Craven arsehole

No, you in the very Dictionary  definition of craven behaviour - so lacking in courage to be worthy of contempt- said we were utterly defeated before a ball had been kicked. “Shitebags” like @Mark Connolly suggested we could front up and that is what happened despite ultimately losing in a tight fixture.