Rugby Union

kiwififer

Scotland to play 2 games in Japan this June. I wonder when the k/o times will be announced? Rumour has it there may be a 3rd game away to the USA. However, I don't know if this is true or not.

Also, season passes for the Autumn Tests and next year's 6 Nations go on sale soon. Doesn't appear to include Georgia game. That indicates that it may be away from Murrayfield. I wonder where though.

Scotland to play 2 games in Japan this June. I wonder when the k/o times will be announced? Rumour has it there may be a 3rd game away to the USA. However, I don't know if this is true or not.

Also, season passes for the Autumn Tests and next year's 6 Nations go on sale soon. Doesn't appear to include Georgia game. That indicates that it may be away from Murrayfield. I wonder where though.

if we play another game in the summer it will be before the two Japan games. The Georgia game is the 26th of November and will probably be at Kilmarnock again but depending on there fixtures it might be up in Aberdeen?

Kilmarnock I suspect. Aberdeen weren't happy with the pitch after last game right?

Scotland team to play Ireland at the Aviva Stadium

Saturday 19 March (kick-off 5pm) – live on ITV.

15. Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 42 caps; 10 tries, 3 pens, 59 points

14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 26 caps; 13 tries, 65 points

13. Duncan Taylor (Saracens) – 16 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

12. Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors)  – 15 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

11. Tim Visser (Harlequins) – 25 caps; 11 tries, 55 points

10. Duncan Weir (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps; 2 tries, 7 cons, 10 pens, 1 drop, 57 points

9. Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Gloucester) – 50 caps; 4 tries, 62 cons, 118 pens, 498 points

1. Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 56 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

2. Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby) – 98 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

3. Willem Nel (Edinburgh Rugby) – 12 caps; 1 try, 5 points

4. Richie Gray (Castres) – 55 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

5. Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors) – 21 caps

6. John Barclay (Scarlets) – 49 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

7. John Hardie (Edinburgh Rugby) – 9 caps; 3 tries, 15 points

8. Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps

Substitutes

16. Stuart McInally (Edinburgh Rugby) – 6 caps

17. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh Rugby) – uncapped

18. Moray Low (Exeter Chiefs) – 31 caps

19. Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps; 1 try, 5 points

20. Josh Strauss (Glasgow Warriors) – 7 caps

21. Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

22. Pete Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 17 caps; 2 tries, 1 con, 1 pen, 15 points

23. Sean Lamont (Glasgow Warriors) – 103 caps; 14 tries, 70 points

I reckon Pete Horne and Josh Strauss will feel pretty hard done by!

Could have done with Pyrgos, Harley and Weir remaining at Glasgow for tomorrow's game against Leinster.

o think Pyrgos was called up due to Blair being originally available for Glasgow. But with Blair getting ruled out again with concussion it has left them short. It is also shocking yet again that there are only two games getting played this weekend both involving Irish sides and both have Irish refs.

Warriors beat Leinster 12-6, some superb defence throughout the match. Lifts them up to 6th, and importantly in regards to European qualification they go above Edinburgh.

It also gives them a great chance to make the playoffs and win the title again! Game in hand, three games against the Italian teams still to go and Ulster still to play at home. Should have a full team back next weekend (although so will everybody else I suppose). It's definitely on, which didn't look likely at the turn of the year.

It also gives them a great chance to make the playoffs and win the title again! Game in hand, three games against the Italian teams still to go and Ulster still to play at home. Should have a full team back next weekend (although so will everybody else I suppose). It's definitely on, which didn't look likely at the turn of the year.

Definitely, they could do with a couple of bonus point wins when they face the teams near the bottom. 4 points off of 4th now which they would have taken a few months back.

Edited by peasy23

No doubt the fawning over Wales will begin anew, but they should have put 70/80 on this Italian team, who pretty much chucked it at half time.

Italy really chucked it after losing to Scotland, they had competed in all their games up til then but have been dire since. Can never fathom why Wales insist on playing Warrenball when they have backs who can consistently make yards.