Rugby Union

kiwififer

I can't even find the energy to be slightly miffed.

Surely Townsend's time is up? Let him go coach in France like the SRU were worried about when he won the PRO12 with Glasgow. There was so much potential for him to build upon Cotter's work but it just hasn't happened. He should have gone after the World Cup.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Part of me is hoping Finn tells Townsend and the SRU to ram it. 

Absolutely no part of me is hoping for that.

That was almost Matt Williams level of bad. I have no idea what our gameplan is other than "we shouldn't do this again, but we will".
My thoughts too. At least last week it looked like they might score a try, never thought it was likely today. Slow and predictable pick and gos from the forwards, and most of the time it ends up with ground lost rather than gained. Had to make more of having the wind at their backs in the first half.

And kicking it away inside the final minute? Wtf?

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
I agree he needs to go - after the 6N.

That being said, he's not been helped by some utter brainfarts by the likes of Hogg.

Hogg should lose his place for Rome

The issue with dropping Hogg is we're short of good wingers, at the moment. With Kinghorn dropping back to fullback you'd be looking at Byron McGuigan probably being next in line (then barely-played-for-Glasgow Tagive).

With Darcy Graham injured and Maitland having back-to-back anonymous games (that can't be entirely excused by poor game plans/team performances) we're not very strong there now.

The only other option is Hastings at fullback IF we get Finn back. I doubt Hogg will be dropped anyway.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Was there a single instance of Hastings passing to an outside back off first phase in the entire game? We conspired to f**k up just about every time we were in any kind of position to build phases. 

Although they (Jones / Johnson) were pretty blameless today you’d think that trying Scott and Hutchison might be worthwhile in Rome as let’s face it we have done nothing in the first couple of games.

Was there a single instance of Hastings passing to an outside back off first phase in the entire game? We conspired to f**k up just about every time we were in any kind of position to build phases. 
Although they (Jones / Johnson) were pretty blameless today you’d think that trying Scott and Hutchison might be worthwhile in Rome as let’s face it we have done nothing in the first couple of games.

Looks to me that Harris is first alternate at centre, for some unknown reason.

The issue with dropping Hogg is we're short of good wingers, at the moment. With Kinghorn dropping back to fullback you'd be looking at Byron McGuigan probably being next in line (then barely-played-for-Glasgow Tagive).
With Darcy Graham injured and Maitland having back-to-back anonymous games (that can't be entirely excused by poor game plans/team performances) we're not very strong there now.
The only other option is Hastings at fullback IF we get Finn back. I doubt Hogg will be dropped anyway.
I thought Graham might make Italy game? If so, straight in please.