Rugby Union

kiwififer

not sure he was not in the squad for the weekend game

in the league he has been on the bench twice and has played a total of 5min. Don't think he has played for them in Europe?

How much game time has Nico had since moving to Bath?

I have a browse at team sheets every so often and I haven't seen his name since early in the season. Do the same for Jackson who seems to have become lost in the shuffle at wasps, Cusiter another who's dropped off the radar.

How much game time has Nico had since moving to Bath?

I have a browse at team sheets every so often and I haven't seen his name since early in the season. Do the same for Jackson who seems to have become lost in the shuffle at wasps, Cusiter another who's dropped off the radar.

According to Sale's own website, Cusiter has made 14 appearances this season for 694 minutes. Considering he is 33/34, and they also have Peter Stringer (22 apps) and James Mitchell (England age-grade, 8apps), it's not that bad.

I can see him retiring this summer too. Amazing to think that he, Blair and Rory Lawson were all in the same age group fighting it out their whole careers!

Had totally forgotten about Cuisiter post the world cup squad so surprised he has played that much for Sale but still not great being second choice behind Stringer who is nearly 40 now and I thought would have retired after leaving Bath.

Jackson has been a regular in the Wasps squads this season, Gopperth is definitely first choice though, but has had a fair amount of game time. However will be interesting what happens next year with Cipriani joining, as one will likely go, and depends whether Gopperth will want to be second choice or not.

Edited by honestly united

Had totally forgotten about Cuisiter post the world cup squad so surprised he has played that much for Sale but still not great being second choice behind Stringer who is nearly 40 now and I thought would have retired after leaving Bath.

Jackson has been a regular in the Wasps squads this season, Gopperth is definitely first choice though, but has had a fair amount of game time. However will be interesting what happens next year with Cipriani joining, as one will likely go, and depends whether Gopperth will want to be second choice or not.

Cusiter also took a fair bit of time off round about the RWC warm-ups/early stages due to his child being born. Pretty sure he's winding down.

Good to see D'Arcy Rae getting a start tomorrow - front row stuff long term looks good for Scotland with him, Fagerson, etc coming through so early.

Apparently Nakarawa's destinations is now strongly believed to be Racing Metro.

On Racing, having been there a few years back with Edinburgh (World cup Phil with an injury time drop goal to win it BOOM!) the ground was a dump. Do they have any plans to move? with it being the old Olympic stadium they may not be able to do it up? don't know if they have listed buildings in the same way we do  :unsure:

Apparently Nakarawa's destinations is now strongly believed to be Racing Metro.

On Racing, having been there a few years back with Edinburgh (World cup Phil with an injury time drop goal to win it BOOM!) the ground was a dump. Do they have any plans to move? with it being the old Olympic stadium they may not be able to do it up? don't know if they have listed buildings in the same way we do :unsure:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_92

Last time I had a look on the Bath website whilst harbouring a thought that if Nico wasn't playing he might fancy a move back up the road it said that he was injured and wouldn't play again this season, that must have been 5 or 6 weeks ago

Last time I had a look on the Bath website whilst harbouring a thought that if Nico wasn't playing he might fancy a move back up the road it said that he was injured and wouldn't play again this season, that must have been 5 or 6 weeks ago

Aye there was a picture of him in the crowd at the Glasgow - Scarlets game last week - doubt he could have done that if still fit and involved!

Nakarawa has been included in the Fiji squad for the Paris 7s - fortunately this falls in the gap week between round 22 and the sf, but the London leg is sf weekend, so we could lose him for that. Of course, his first game for Fiji in Paris will be against....Scotland!

Surely his obligation to Glasgow supersedes a 7s tournament. There must be a few more of those events prior to the Olympics.

Over 26000 tickets sold for the Pro12 final so far. Imagine a bigger rush on tickets once finalists are confirmed with people holding off.

Surely his obligation to Glasgow supersedes a 7s tournament. There must be a few more of those events prior to the Olympics.

Over 26000 tickets sold for the Pro12 final so far. Imagine a bigger rush on tickets once finalists are confirmed with people holding off.

It would likely be regarded as an international call-up, so there will be all sorts of complex rules surrounding it. There was also a minimum number of World-Level tournaments that these guys had to play to be eligible for Olympic selection - there aren't many of those outside the World Series. That's Quade Cooper (amongst others) played in some early ones so not clash too much with the Reds Super Rugby schedule.

Glasgow may not have to release him, but it certainly wouldn't be good PR or helpful with recruitment if they were seen to refuse a player the chance to play for his country, leading to him being ineligible for the Olympics! It would also be a situation World Rugby will be keen to avoid as they try to build themselves on that stage.

On your other point, according to the press release yesterday, this guarantees the highest ever crowd at a Pro12 final already. If (hopefully when) Glasgow make it, it could be an enormous crowd. Absolutely brilliant for rugby in Scotland and the Pro12 as a whole, especially with a weaker European performance this season. I don't think it's a surprise that the French and English sides have done well in Europe in a RWC year with the compressed season, and that the Pro12 ones have struggled. With a good rest over the summer, and players fresh for the early rounds next year, it should be a lot more even again.

As far as I am aware there is no need to play in any of the qualifiers to be selected for the Olympics, this was only a rule if you wanted to change country to play at the Olympics ie all the New Zealanders who no longer play for the all blacks could have switched country to play 7's at the Olympics and they would then have qualified for that country at 15's - France were murmerming about getting Armitage qualified as French, although he has already played for England, he is eligible for France at the Olympics but would needed to have played a % of World Series events first and there would be no guarantee of France qualifying anyway.

For Nakarawa it would more likely be the coach asking him if he wants to play at the Olympics you need to be in the squad now and play a few tournaments prior to it starting