Rugby Union

kiwififer

Obviously we've only ourselves to blame for this - disastrous lineout, appalling try to lose - and that was a clear penalty, but giving up a penalty for fucking offside when we're playing Ireland and their fast line speed is a kick in the teeth.

Discipline has generally been ordinary especially at the breakdown. 

However the forwards need their arse kicked for the line out. 

This is an Ireland team who're ageing and off form. They've lost their last 4 games. Sexton has never lost to Scotland which is embarrassing. 

To be 4 behind here is pish. This Ireland team are there for the taking but Scotland don't do the basics right.

Big second half for Townsend and Scotland - win the game and they can claim genuine progress and improvement. If it ends like this, I'm sorry but it is yet another false dawn and you wonder how much longer genuine rugby fans will put up with that.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Had absolutely no complaints with the ref so far, been fair IMO. 

Only one complaint from me - Irish players offside behind his back at almost every Scottish ruck. Beirne was easily a yard offside at half of them.

Scotland suffer from a lack of depth. Would we be having these line-out troubles with McInally or Brown? Sort that and we're probably ahead right now. Against Wales if we hadn't had injuries then Gary Graham doesn't come off the bench to scuttle us.

You look at out bench today and it doesn't inspire much confidence either.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Scotland suffer from a lack of depth. Would we be having these line-out troubles with McInally or Brown? Sort that and we're probably ahead right now. Against Wales if we hadn't had injuries then Gary Graham doesn't come off the bench to scuttle us.

You look at out bench today and it doesn't inspire much confidence either.

Townsend picks the squad.  Is that the strongest bench available?  I’m not convinced. 

1 minute ago, come on shire said:

The playing talent is the best it's been in years. It's unlike the Andy Robinson, Scott Johnson, early Vern Cotter days where our best players were still mediocre. 

Therefore it's organisation/leadership issues on the park which is the issue for me. 

Were missing a Paul O'conell / Alun wynn Jones type to drag the team through rough patches