Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow sign a Fijian scrum half.

I imagine we'll see Grayson Hart move on. I'd rather see him go and Ali Price be given more game time when Pyrgos is away with the national team.

Hope Grayson Harts mum isn't reading this!

Haha! I think that would be right can't see us having all 3 plus George Horne (who should be playing more). 

Pyrgos should be starting for Scotland Team now. Laidlaw is 34 the next world cup and we should be building around Pyrgos/Russell. 

Haha! I think that would be right can't see us having all 3 plus George Horne (who should be playing more).

Pyrgos should be starting for Scotland Team now. Laidlaw is 34 the next world cup and we should be building around Pyrgos/Russell.

Agree totally especially on George Horne. Looked superb last season for Scotland u20s. Wouldn't mind him having some time with 7s squad ahead of Wight to give him some experience. Not outside the bounds of possibility to have a Scotland team with him at 9 n Peter at 10 in the future Edited by dogmc

Got to say I agree with some of what he is saying. Neither Scottish team have a truly fit for purpose stadium, surely that should be a priority for the SRU rather than building a hotel at Murrayfield? Glasgow have had a terrible year off of the pitch, albeit the pitch itself had been part of the problem. Season tickets go on sale tomorrow, the issue with the pitch, not for the first time, became apparent in December and they still can't or won't tell supporters what is happening when the season starts in little over 12 weeks, this isn't an issue for some but I missed on of the Kilmarnock games because of travel and know if two other groups who didn't go to either game there. Is it that hard to announce after 6 months if they are running the risk of playing on the same pitch or are Glasgow Life laying a new one, I reluctant to shell out for three season tickets for home games that could be getting played anywhere during the winter.

Got to say I agree with some of what he is saying. Neither Scottish team have a truly fit for purpose stadium, surely that should be a priority for the SRU rather than building a hotel at Murrayfield? Glasgow have had a terrible year off of the pitch, albeit the pitch itself had been part of the problem. Season tickets go on sale tomorrow, the issue with the pitch, not for the first time, became apparent in December and they still can't or won't tell supporters what is happening when the season starts in little over 12 weeks, this isn't an issue for some but I missed on of the Kilmarnock games because of travel and know if two other groups who didn't go to either game there. Is it that hard to announce after 6 months if they are running the risk of playing on the same pitch or are Glasgow Life laying a new one, I reluctant to shell out for three season tickets for home games that could be getting played anywhere during the winter.

Fair points. Has to be a priority to get a 4G pitch at Scotstoun. Athletics gang may not like it but how much revenue do they attract compared to warriors?

Lee Jones been added to the gb 7s squad which is good. Hadn't realised that the England coach amor was in charge. Hasn't exactly set heather on fire with England recently and his team talk at Twickenham v Scotland was awful....almost looked like players were ignoring him.

Lee Jones been added to the gb 7s squad which is good. Hadn't realised that the England coach amor was in charge. Hasn't exactly set heather on fire with England recently and his team talk at Twickenham v Scotland was awful....almost looked like players were ignoring him.

Anyone calling for Jones to be banned from Scotland for life?

Anyone calling for Jones to be banned from Scotland for life?

Why would they....we have 5 players in the gb squad already and the governing body of rugby, the irb has never saught to amalgamate the four home unions. No one in world rugby has every had a prob with the 4 unions existing or even coming together for the lions and in early 80s I think a wales/England v ireland/Scotland game. As far as I know it's only football where some African nations in 70s and certain elements in fifa uncomfortable with the ifab arrangements, would prefer home nations phased out for a single UK team.

Fair points. Has to be a priority to get a 4G pitch at Scotstoun. Athletics gang may not like it but how much revenue do they attract compared to warriors?

The whole place was done up with a grant that was based on it being an athletics stadium, and that's where the council's problem lies. I'm sure that they will be studying all the legalities involved in the grant and what the likelihood of them being asked to repay the money would be if athletics was no longer the primary use.

Joe Nayacavou has also been added to the squad

The whole place was done up with a grant that was based on it being an athletics stadium, and that's where the council's problem lies. I'm sure that they will be studying all the legalities involved in the grant and what the likelihood of them being asked to repay the money would be if athletics was no longer the primary use.

If the council is smart it will take a pragmatic view....in the last 5 years the emergence of the warriors has pumped millions into the local economy and raised the profile of the city.

Going to see about renewing my season ticket for Glasgow tomorrow.

In other news, the European draws are taking place on June 29th after the Top 14 final (which is getting played at the Nou Camp).

Ireland are looking like an episode of M*A*S*H as the Kearney brothers are now injured along with Luke Fitzgerald, Simon Zebo and Jonny Sexton. Looks like a pumping then...

All Blacks in 'change' since the retiral of Ma'a Nonu, Richie McCaw and Dan Carter. I just think they get better and better and better. Another pumping.

Finally, Eddie Jones may be the most paranoid rugby manager in the game just now. The team flew into Brisbane and were subjected to extra baggage checks. A tactic to give Australia the psychological edge he thinks...

Edited by come on shire

All Blacks in 'change' since the retiral of Ma'a Nonu, Richie McCaw and Dan Carter. I just think they get better and better and better. Another pumping.

Finally, Eddie Jones may be the most paranoid rugby manager in the game just now. The team flew into Brisbane and were subjected to extra baggage checks. A tactic to give Australia the psychological edge he thinks...

the All Blacks have been bringing in the replacements for there big name players for a number of years so they are ready to replace them. I thought it was only Jones that was subject to the extra bag check