Rugby Union

kiwififer

Warburton is right. Scrum was at worst on par with SA and you've got a two man advantage and you headlessly tap and go to make it as easy as possible. Totally negates the extra men.

I wouldn't read anything into the tactics the Lions are using in these games. There's no way Gatland is going to let South Africa see his hand before the first test.

They'll be playing a basic gameplan and Gatland will be looking at who's executing well and having an impact.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A bit cynical but I wonder if Biggar looked at the line ups and thought f**k this?

Playacting is his speciality after all. 

Definitely looked like the boks were targeting Williams early on. They put up two or three bombs and then absolutely fucked him up on each one. They've not done the same to Daly, though I suppose they haven't had the ball much.

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Disaster from captain at end, should have taken scrum. By only regret is that Harris played first half as none of these players deserve test start

I think the two second rows have done well, Owens has been OK in the set peice at least, and Watson is doing what he can with very slim pickings, but the back row and the halfbacks have been shite. LRZ is having a horrible time in defence and being given absolutely nothing to play in attack.

I think there probably is a bit of it where we are not wanting to show our hand too much before the 1st test, but that'll be the same for the Boks as well.