Rugby Union

kiwififer

33 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A nice try from Tuipuloto with good interplay from Darge and McLean. 

It's not a great performance so far. The try was lovely, but it's been a bit of a shitfest, and too many mistakes again. Next try is huge.

A wins a win, but we should be getting the try bonus against Zebre. We just seemed to lack control at 9/10, and didnt have any pace in attack. Defence was ok and we never looked like losing but wasnt great. Also think we missed Dempsey or Fagerson at 8, Wilson has been good at 6 but didnt havce the same impact at 8.

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

A wins a win, but we should be getting the try bonus against Zebre. We just seemed to lack control at 9/10, and didnt have any pace in attack. Defence was ok and we never looked like losing but wasnt great. Also think we missed Dempsey or Fagerson at 8, Wilson has been good at 6 but didnt havce the same impact at 8.

Aye I agree 9/10 was the issue. Duncy did ok but didn't put much on the scoreboard. 

On the subject of McLean in the first half he put Glasgow under pressure with a horrible kick and in the second ruined a maul turnover. Lots of good stuff as well but he's not international standard yet. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Deserved win for Ayr in the Super 6, got better and better as the season went on.

Absolute horror show of a high tackle on the Southern Knights full back at the end though, deserved red for Tom Everard, and a long ban surely coming for him.

that was a shocker of a tackle at the end, surely thats months on the sidelines

Have to say Super six has been decent, hopefully more players get game time at the pro sides in the near future

8 hours ago, Eednud said:

i seen that along with a lot of rage that it manly talks about him as a rugby player and not a father 

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

After Skinner and Gilchrist we are struggling for locks. 

No Sean Maitland or WP is sad to see. Hopefully they are still available in case of emergencies in the 6N. 

I guess it might just be the case that if they are not going to be in the first choice 23, there is no point calling them up now. TBH, I think I'd still have Maitland in the 23. I would also have happily had Ryan Wilson and Ritchie Gray in there as well, but I suppose it makes sense to have an eye on the next world cup now.

I get the impression Richie Gray has quietly retired from international rugby. His form has been far better this year so it's a boost for Glasgow. 

All four options for TH (including Kebble) being at Glasgow isn't a great position to be in. Developing McCallum and bringing through young prospects has to be a priority. Atalifo and Pieretto need to be moved on for Super 6 players to get game time. Even if they only bring through a Welsh/Low type who holds the scrum up for 50 minutes it's badly needed. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Thompson at 15 is a head scratcher. The pack looks strong though. Leinster are pretty much as strong as they ever are for a league match with serious front and back rows. 

I can only think Weir has been given some guarantees on game time, which at his stage in his career is fair enough, and they are trying to find a way to fit them both in. 

I can only think Weir has been given some guarantees on game time, which at his stage in his career is fair enough, and they are trying to find a way to fit them both in. 
Thompson has played a bit full back already, it's probably got as much to do with giving Forbes a bit of a break as he's played every game so far

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, honestly united said:

Thompson has played a bit full back already, it's probably got as much to do with giving Forbes a bit of a break as he's played every game so far

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

He's got a long break after tonight. Tonight should have been the first XV.