Rugby Union

kiwififer

Watson on the bench is probably as much to combat the boost SA get when they bring the bench on. Team should get a lift with Watson coming on, so hopefully we are in the game by then. SA always finish strong so we need to be in a good position at half time / 60 mins. I get kinghorn being a FB him being on the bench should make sense, but as he is pitiful it doesnt. Seems a waste of a bnech slot.

Steyn must be gutted, he has done all the media, with his dad being one of Mandela's bodygaurds, parents over for the match and doesnt make the bench. I would rather have him than Kinghorn as Hasting would cover 10/12/15 and Steyn 13/wing.

Johnson is a good attacking threat but lacks the bulk of Harris.  However, Matt Scott hasn't played for Scotland for a long while, throwing him back in against SA is a brave decision from Toony.  

I'm surprised Watson's on the bench.  Toony has said that it's to give him rest but we need to physicality for the breakdown.  I'd then rest him against Japan.

Unless he's injured Kyle Steyn not in the squad is a surprise.  He's strong and fast.  Rufus McLean is a flying machine but I don't know if he has Steyn's bulk.  

We need to get them moving.  It's our pace that will win us the game.  If we try and arm wrestle them we'll be playing them at their own game which will give us nothing...