Rugby Union

kiwififer

16 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Huw Jones looking very good so far playing outside Marcus Smith

This commentary team are brutal though. Honestly think if Quinns don't win here one if them will too themselves live on air.

Absolute nightmare with the Six Nations tickets sale this morning. Entirely my fault as I’d forgotten to double check my password was correct, so after a wait in the queue I got locked out of my account. Spent half an hour on the phone waiting to get someone to unlock it, but after half an hour could reset password and get in anyway. Got in hut by that time most tickets were gone, so had to buy the gold tickets for England at £110 each. Bank account taken an absolute shafting.

Thats the problem with the rugby calendar there is no scope for postponements anyway in a normal year as you only normally play 1 game a week. At a push you could do Friday, Wednesday, Sunday, repeat, but even then that would only work with league games as the European dates and 6 Nations are set in stone and cant be moved, potentially as the Quarters arent until April the games could have been re-arranged, with weakened teams if need be on 6 Nations weekends to get them played

58 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Thats the problem with the rugby calendar there is no scope for postponements anyway in a normal year as you only normally play 1 game a week. At a push you could do Friday, Wednesday, Sunday, repeat, but even then that would only work with league games as the European dates and 6 Nations are set in stone and cant be moved, potentially as the Quarters arent until April the games could have been re-arranged, with weakened teams if need be on 6 Nations weekends to get them played

Yep. Racing v Ospreys game now gone. 28-0 to Racing. More to follow by the sounds of things as well.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Whats happening with the ref's? Weve a french team of officials in the Glasgow Exeter game

Haven't seen anything mentioned about the refs, so no idea.

See the champions of the best league in the world are currently struggling a bit with Cardiff's C team. Huw Jones hadn't looked very clever in defence from what I've seen.

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

Haven't seen anything mentioned about the refs, so no idea.

See the champions of the best league in the world are currently struggling a bit with Cardiff's C team. Huw Jones hadn't looked very clever in defence from what I've seen.

He got done a bit on the long range try from the Cardiff winger. Always difficult going across the pitch at full tilt when the guy has space to step inside

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He got done a bit on the long range try from the Cardiff winger. Always difficult going across the pitch at full tilt when the guy has space to step inside

Yeah, to be fair, the commentator did point that out. Big downside from this entertaining and quite funny match is that Wales look like they have another two fucking excellent back three players on the conveyer belt. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Saw there were some tickets left for the Glasgow game.

£35 to sit in the East stand? Nah, you're OK thanks

Had exactly the same thought yesterday when I saw there were tickets. The prices are ridiculous to be honest, that's more than my ticket to Scotland V Japan in the autumn and only a few quid less than my Australia tickets, and they were decent seats, not stuck in a leaky wooden stand where you quite often have to wade through a puddle to get in.

Worst thing is, even if I did fancy paying £35, it's fucking difficult to get anyone to go with you at that price. Most of my rugby mates that I go to games with are really football fans who will happily go along for a day out on the beer, but trying to get folk out on a whim when the tickets are so dear is not easy.