Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guest Bob Mahelp

Watching Munster v Castres. 

Castres playing fantastic 1970 French rugby. Needing 2 scores with 2 minutes left on the clock, they spend ages lumbering big guys into position to try and batter 3 inches forward at a time. 

Then they get a try, and spend a minute over a simple convertion. 

Then they show no interest at all in trying to play past 80 minutes and to actually try to win the game. 

Utterly shite. 

Was everyone the same as me expecting the inevitable collapse in the 2nd half? Fantastic performace but they should be playing like that every week - having checked there were only 4 changes in the starting line up that played vs Trevsio a few weeks back -infact only Dobbie, McLean and Smith that were involved in the Trevsio game didnt feature vs Exeter.

A friend did comment that its not often Hogg, Grey and Skinner will put in the 3 worst performances out of all the Scottish players on hte pitch and you still get the result you want!

Skinner is a decent signing for Edinburgh I suppose, decent replacement for Toolis. 

I was watching Johnny Matthews on Saturday thinking he's better, or certainly no worse, than a load of shite journeymen foreign hookers that have been plodding along at both Pro teams over the last few years. You could probably put Dave Cherry in the same boat. Took ages for Ross Thompson to be given a shot as well, and he's pretty quickly made himself first pick 10 in that time. Makes you wonder who else is kicking about not really getting a chance. With only 2 pro teams though, I don't know how you fix it.

Nick Grigg is off to Japan at the end of the month

https://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/grigg-to-depart-glasgow-warriors?fbclid=IwAR0zVOhslmTm3RSp8A9oEAQ6zfTej_jh2tIzuBdIIKYcndAdG3IecpG5FGY

He's been an excellent servant to Glasgow, so certainly don't begrudge him a big money move at this stage, while also feeling it's a good move both for Glasgow and Grigg himself.

refs named 

Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby

• Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow – KO 19.00 IRE & UK / 20.00 ITA / 21.00 SA
  • Referee: Ben Blain (SRU, 15th league game)
  • AR 1: Keith Allen (SRU) AR 2: David Sutherland (SRU)
  • TMO: Mike Adamson (SRU)
  • Live on: Premier Sports 1 & URC TV