Rugby Union

kiwififer

15 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Don't think I could get citizenship in time. Or last longer than 10min of game time before I was blowing out my arse

Citizenship is optional in International Rugby these days isn't it...

30 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Don't think I could get citizenship in time. Or last longer than 10min of game time before I was blowing out my arse

You'll be better than most of the useless fuckers wearing green and gold last night. Only good thing about it is it shut the pompous Aussie commentators up . Lucky if we'll even beat Argentina.

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 03:09, Eednud said:

You'll be better than most of the useless fuckers wearing green and gold last night. Only good thing about it is it shut the pompous Aussie commentators up . Lucky if we'll even beat Argentina.

Not even an Australian Watergate Scandal helped.

Quade Cooper recalled by the Wallabies for Bledisloe Cup game 2 in Wellington this Saturday. He's in at five-eighth with Foley being moved to inside centre. Cooper might make the game a bit more interesting but won't stop the All Blacks winning.

Glasgow beaten 33-19 down at Gloucester in a pre-season friendly.  Alex Dunbar, Peter Horne and Sean Lamont with the tries.

Didn't see this one but loss at harlequins was no disaster lot of young fringe players used and competitive against a v strong quins side (especially pleased to see my son's ex coach n Scotland u20 player Lewis Wynne featuring absolute top boi)

What has happened to the wallabies since the world cup? I've not seen any Rugby Championship games until this morning but they seem so far behind NZ. Or is it just that NZ are miles ahead of everyone else?

Maybe they need joubert reffing.....

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

With that win Argentina rise to 7th in the rankings, leapfrogging France and Scotland who drop to 8th and 9th respectively.

Both Pumas and Boks were really poor. Boks only useful when tackling illegally. NZ excluded I've not seen the southern hemisphere sides play as poorly for a while. I'd fancy England would beat SA, Oz and Argies on current form. 

On 8/29/2016 at 13:11, peasy23 said:

With that win Argentina rise to 7th in the rankings, leapfrogging France and Scotland who drop to 8th and 9th respectively.

Need to make sure that we have a decent autumn and 6N to ensure that we're ranked 8th ahead of the RWC pool allocation in May 2017 (http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/158737?lang=en). 

6 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Defo we were incredibly lucky with last rwc, no chance lightning will strike twice

The match with Argentina on 19 November could prove to be pretty important and, as others have said, Australia don't look particularly great at the moment so could be an interesting match. No doubt, being Scotland, we'll play well but lose to Australia, narrowly beat Argentina and then go and lose to Georgia in the last match. 

The match with Argentina on 19 November could prove to be pretty important and, as others have said, Australia don't look particularly great at the moment so could be an interesting match. No doubt, being Scotland, we'll play well but lose to Australia, narrowly beat Argentina and then go and lose to Georgia in the last match. 

It being us anything could happen. Will be interesting to see the dynamic now that the players know vern will be away next year. Not sure it's a good thing to have announced it so early. Still don't think we have seen the best of the players when comparing performances for club and country. It's a very odd setup with vern inheriting the forwards defence and attack coach (even weirder that Johnson is both attack coach and director of rugby).