Rugby Union

kiwififer

On 26/02/2023 at 17:03, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Georgian Referee was put of his depth.

You don't warn a team if you aren't prepared to follow through with that warning - Dupont should have seen yellow.

He is considered one of the top 15 refs in the world (as are the rest selected). With the Six Nations getting used by World Rugby to decide what 12 refs go o the World Cup

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Think we will beat the Irish, if not, this tournament would have to go down as meh. A triple crown and a psychological blow to Ireland pre World cup would be tremendous. 

If we want respect we simply have to win this.

Winning, and not an if but coulda woulda shoulda.......

Win by 1 point would be fantastic for the teams mental strength, which I do think has improved already this year.

I think mentally this group are tougher but obviously still prone to mistakes. 

They are top ranked team for a reason, but they look significantly better with Sexton on the park. If we can keep the scoreboard close until he goes off about the hour mark we are in with a chance, but if we let them build any sort of lead they'll shut us down with their lying on the ball, slowing things down etc. Also we need to avoid any sort of arm wrestle up front, and keep the ball moving where possible - or go fully the opposite as they are probably planning on a quick game

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

I'm not too familiar with Zebre's team considering they'll contribute Italian internationalists tbh.

However I've noticed they've got Matt Kvesic in the back row. Is this a new signing? He's a decent player.

Screenshot_2023-03-02-18-04-24-66_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Signed from Worcester after they went bust

George Horne kind of showing why he's not quite there for Scotland. Box kicking still not on point, makes some sloppy mistakes like that scrum turnover and he's not really a good enough goalkicker to get the nod because of that as a backup to Finn.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

George Horne kind of showing why he's not quite there for Scotland. Box kicking still not on point, makes some sloppy mistakes like that scrum turnover and he's not really a good enough goalkicker to get the nod because of that as a backup to Finn.

There's something odd going on in the scrum. As well as the one against the head, the ball has bounced back into the tunnel from the 2nd row a couple of times

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

There's something odd going on in the scrum. As well as the one against the head, the ball has bounced back into the tunnel from the 2nd row a couple of times

I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure the one against the head was because Horne rattled it off the hookers shin and it bounced straight across. These days when you can basically put it straight into the second row that shouldn't be happening, but maybe it is harsh just to blame him I suppose.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure the one against the head was because Horne rattled it off the hookers shin and it bounced straight across. These days when you can basically put it straight into the second row that shouldn't be happening, but maybe it is harsh just to blame him I suppose.

You might be right, but at the scrum after, Matthews definitely struck for it, it went into the second row then came hurtling back forward!

There's something not quite right, so hopefully Horne and Matthews will have a chat at HT about the best way to acceptably cheat at the scrum in the 2nd half

Horne was good there mind you.

It's funny watching us being the big shitfesting suffocating team scoring three off rolling mauls. If some Irish team had being doing this to us I'd be calling them boring and whining about the ref, but I like it when it's the other way round.

On 02/03/2023 at 14:59, honestly united said:

I think mentally this group are tougher but obviously still prone to mistakes. 

They are top ranked team for a reason, but they look significantly better with Sexton on the park. If we can keep the scoreboard close until he goes off about the hour mark we are in with a chance, but if we let them build any sort of lead they'll shut us down with their lying on the ball, slowing things down etc. Also we need to avoid any sort of arm wrestle up front, and keep the ball moving where possible - or go fully the opposite as they are probably planning on a quick game

You see, I'm not too sure about this and yet another figment of the Irish medias imagination. 

Sextons stats in last 2 six nations have been a bit meh..., Hes playing with some great players, and dont think he's currently any better than Ross Byrne. 

Irish still convinced we are talking ourselves up... 

Scotland by 5 🤣