Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Frankie S said:

That’s Craig Joubert levels of refereeing ‘incompetence‘ there. Scotland absolutely robbed...again. Underlines why I can rarely be bothered watching rugby. The officials have more influence over the result than the players.

The Irish TMO from the World Cup would be proud.  She’s was equally corrupt.  

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

TMO literally saying it’s grounded, hearing the referee saying he’ll change his decision and then saying “let’s have another look”.

That's the worst part of it for me. Not the referee's indecision. The ref was set to award the try based on the TMO's clear language that it was in fact a try and he, with a live microphone to his mouth, walked fully back on it when the referee was set to award.

How has the ref decided it was held up in the first place, like it went from a foot to underneath a Scotland player's body on the try line, did he see some French hands underneath it or something.

Edited by Ginaro

There should be technology like goal line tech in football to tell the ref it's over the line or in rugby's case on or over the line.  Everyone knows that's a try but not getting a try before half time was the real killer. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

That's the worst part of it for me. Not the referee's indecision. The ref was set to award the try based on the TMO's clear language that it was in fact a try and he, with a live microphone to his mouth, walked fully back on it when the referee was set to award.

Almost as if someone had a word in his ear......

There's no mass conspiracy theory lads, but it's awful refereeing and a complete bottle job from the TMO. 

He clearly says the ball is on the ground twice when speaking to Berry. I don't understand how or why he rolls back on that when Berry sounds like he's prepared to award the try.  That's what needs to be looked at, and I'll not be surprised if that TMO doesn't have any other games during the championship. 

Was hard to tell from the big screen with no TMO comms, but that is an absolute fucking disgrace having seen the still picture of it blatantly on the ground. Add me (a long time ‘refs aren’t that bad’ club member) to the ‘refs are cheating c***s and shaft Scotland’ club.