Rugby Union

kiwififer

If that happened I'd be pished for a month. Hopefully worst scenario is a narrow loss to England n beat Italy at home. That would represent a very decent return for the season. A win v England with an Italy win would be stunning. Hopefully we don't do the beat England n stuff it v Italy! !

I think we seem to be a different animal at home now. We should give Italy a doing like everyone else has been. In Italy I'd be slightly worried but at home we'll win comfortably.

England is the big one, a tough ask but we love in hope.

I think we seem to be a different animal at home now. We should give Italy a doing like everyone else has been. In Italy I'd be slightly worried but at home we'll win comfortably.

England is the big one, a tough ask but we love in hope.

Yeah not sure I see us beating England but agree we should be beating Italy with a bonus point in mind.

Taking a step back....i think on back of 6n to date lions are on for a hiding off nz. Too much side to side play not enough intensity and skills breaking down under pressure. We have caught up with southern hemisphere in terms of strength n conditioning but still long way off in ball skills n accuracy.

11 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Taking a step back....i think on back of 6n to date lions are on for a hiding off nz. Too much side to side play not enough intensity and skills breaking down under pressure. We have caught up with southern hemisphere in terms of strength n conditioning but still long way off in ball skills n accuracy.

It's a fair point, but I don't think it's that big an issue. If he picks the right team, there are guys who will run hard and straight everywhere, and creative guys all over the backs.

It could actually be an absolute belter of a series.

It's a fair point, but I don't think it's that big an issue. If he picks the right team, there are guys who will run hard and straight everywhere, and creative guys all over the backs.
It could actually be an absolute belter of a series.

It's gatland though. He only has 3 wins v sh teams n two of those were with lions v a meh aussie team. Nz have rinsed him every time n he's never shown any inclination to try anything other than crash ball rugby.