Rugby Union

kiwififer

7 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Agreed. I've been looking forward to watching Masaga have a good sprint

I'm no expert, but I'm assuming they haven't signed him for his defensive qualities.

2 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

pen try surly 

Nah, tight enough to the touchline with the covering defender close enough for there to be doubt.

Nah, tight enough to the touchline with the covering defender close enough for there to be doubt.

Yeah there was another defender coming so it was right decision for me....all told bit too frantic but enough from hastings n Horne to feel confident for future. Gregor was right that against a stronger side Hastings would have played more composed rugby but he looks pretty tidy though.

I didn't watch the whole game but after the chat earlier about impartial refs and the Kings having to play in Glasgow with an all SRU officiating team, it looked like Adamson was a bit generous with some of those decisions. Asking the TMO if there was any reason not to give the try and he surely wasn't able to see any grounding, some spills that would normally be called for a knock on (even if sometimes you look at it and think it's gone backwards, they do give them a lot) as well as quite generous interpretations of advantage etc.

27 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I didn't watch the whole game but after the chat earlier about impartial refs and the Kings having to play in Glasgow with an all SRU officiating team, it looked like Adamson was a bit generous with some of those decisions. Asking the TMO if there was any reason not to give the try and he surely wasn't able to see any grounding, some spills that would normally be called for a knock on (even if sometimes you look at it and think it's gone backwards, they do give them a lot) as well as quite generous interpretations of advantage etc.

Adamson actually had a pretty decent game. There was stuff that he spotted for both sides that, on first glance, looked like dreadful decisions but on replay, it was shown to be an excellent spot. The try where he got the TMO involved did seem a bit strange, I will agree with that. Overall though, I don't think he was too bad. I think it does help that he's an ex-player though.

I think the refereeing assessor might have been in the crowd tonight judging by comments being made. That inevitably affects a referee's performance as they have to focus more on the rules and less on common sense.

Adamson actually had a pretty decent game. There was stuff that he spotted for both sides that, on first glance, looked like dreadful decisions but on replay, it was shown to be an excellent spot. The try where he got the TMO involved did seem a bit strange, I will agree with that. Overall though, I don't think he was too bad. I think it does help that he's an ex-player though.
I think the refereeing assessor might have been in the crowd tonight judging by comments being made. That inevitably affects a referee's performance as they have to focus more on the rules and less on common sense.

Adamson was ok albeit the try was a fairly dodgy shout. Its just poor that Kings away from home had an all sru set of officials (albeit tmo is actually Irish n has taken delight in screwing both Glasgow n embra v Irish sides). Its both unfair and unnecessary. I said before game I'd be seething if it was other way round (more if it was to an Irish rather than sa side)

SRU to approach SFA about them using Murrayfield after the current deal with Hampden runs out in 2020. Much better stadium but probably too big and not sure what the locals would think after the first Old Firm cup final, if such a thing takes place again.

Does anyone else get annoyed with people in the east stand singing about themselves?
We all want a bonus point!

We're at the opposite end so sometimes all you can hear is some noise without knowing what they're saying. The one song they do which I can't be bothered with is the tartan army one of "we'll be coming down the road". Won't be long till they are setting of flares, demanding safe standing and complaining of police harrasment

What's people's thoughts on "respecting the kicker" ? Last week Johnny Sexton was clearly not respected late in the game which caused some comments back and forwards amongst supporters where we sit and I know from speaking to a guy at work that it was a similar situation in his stand. This is not a practice universally adopted and certainly not across other sports so should we maintain high standards of sportsmanship or feel free to respond to what was on the night repeated time wasting?

At least there is atmosphere and full stands at scotstoun. Something most of the pro 14 are still yet to achieve.

We can create atmosphere without one stand being Marks for themselves.

Respect the kicker unless it’s Johnny Sexton as he’s an absolute weasel.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Rugby League World Cup

Group A ... Australia 18-4 England

Group B ... New Zealand 38-8 Samoa

Group C ... Papua New Guinea 50-6 Wales

Group D ... Fiji 58-12 USA

Shockers for Wales/USA, at least the margins if not the losses.

Watched some highlights earlier. The boy from playing for Fiji (I assume he was actually Australian) with his arm snapped was grim viewing. I've not winced that much since MM posted a picture of his Mushroom Supper.

http://www.bloodandmud.com/2017/10/average-scotland-backs-mid-2000s-now.html

A little trip down memory lane. Some howlers of backs not on this list.

Realise I'm late to this party.

World cup Phil was one of the most frustrating players to watch ever!! Coupled with his big ego it wasn't like he was likeable either.

BUT

When he slotted a drop goal to win away at Racing a few years ago.....[emoji7] Wid've