Rugby Union

kiwififer

Frustrating as f**k. In a group with 3 big guns, we could really have 4 wins, and all we have is 2 BPs.

Can't agree with this. Unfortunately it's 'ifs and buts'. Reality is we have been found out a bit especially up front. We are not far off and some small changes for next season should plug gaps.

Can't agree with this. Unfortunately it's 'ifs and buts'. Reality is we have been found out a bit especially up front. We are not far off and some small changes for next season should plug gaps.
Biggest concern lately has to be how bad the lineout was, especially in the first game against Montpelier. It's always going to be a struggle when the basics aren't right.

Guinness PRO14  – Broadcasts & Referee Appointments

Friday, December 23, 2017

BENETTON RUGBY V ZEBRE – KO 3PM ITALY

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 74th competition game)
AR1: Manuel Bottino (FIR). AR2: Andrea Piardi (FIR)
TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)
Eurosport Italia 2: 2.55pm

CONNACHT RUGBY V ULSTER RUGBY – KO 7.35PM

Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 16th competition game)
AR1: Joy Neville (IRFU). AR2: Kieran Barry (IRFU)
TMO: Leo Colgan (IRFU)
TG4: 7.15pm
BBC2 NI: 7.30pm

EDINBURGH RUGBY V GLASGOW WARRIORS – KO 5.10PM

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU10th competition game)
AR1: David Wilkinson (IRFU). AR2: Lloyd Linton (SRU)
TMO: Dennis Hunter (SRU)
Sky Sports Action: 5pm
BBC ALBA: 5pm

Sky Sports Action is available on Channel 407 (Virgin customers see 507)

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

DRAGONS V CARDIFF BLUES – KO 2PM

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 30th competition game)
AR1: Dan Jones (WRU). AR2: Adam Jones (WRU)
TMO: Jon Mason (WRU).
BBC2 Wales: 1.50pm

MUNSTER RUGBY V LEINSTER RUGBY – KO 3.15PM

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 159th competition game)
AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU). AR2: Stuart Gaffikin (IRFU)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)
Sky Sports Action: 3pm
TG4: 2.45pm

SCARLETS V OSPREYS RUGBY – KO 5.35PM

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 69th competition game)
AR1: Ben Whitehouse (WRU). AR2: Craig Evans (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)
S4C: 5.15pm
Sky Sports Action: 5.15pm

Fantastic news having Jonny commit so soon after Ali Price did likewise.  With Finn going I hope Adam Hastings can become another stalwart in Jonny and Ali's mould.  However, we still need to bring in another 10 to compete with Hastings and cover internationals (Hastings will be in the Scotland squad sooner than we think imo) and allow Pete Horne to cover centre where he is strongest. 

As for Saturday, we scored 4 tries and could have won the game fair and square.  What cost us was the 2 quickfire tries at the start of the 2nd half.  The first of those was especially bad as we allowed their dangerman Nadolo to build up a head of steam and run the length of the park.  We still need to get a bit more savvy in Europe.  On the other hand, we go to Edinburgh on Saturday as the only domestically unbeaten sports team in Scotland.  Hopefully we can build further.

I'd say we have the stronger backs and bench but Edinburgh edge the forward pack.  I'm worried that Rennie's been smoking funny things with dropping Finn for Horne.  I just don't rate Horne as a 10 and this game is too important.  If he wants to tinker for a view to next season then we have 2 European games coming up that are now just glorified friendlies.

I also think Tommy's off form atm so I think Niko's deserving of a start now tbh.  I trust Rennie but I'm a wee bit surprised and not in a good way tbh... 

Got to agree that Edinburgh will edge it up front, and I think it will be close at half time, but Glasgow should get the win with Finn and Niko coming off the bench. Also good to see Kebble back in the squad.

I get the feeling that Rennie is giving Horne a run to see if he is going to be good enough to be the first choice 10 next season, or whether he needs to look elsewhere. I personally think e is good enough as cover, but not first choice. I can see Hastings get a decent run at some point to.