Rugby Union

kiwififer

22 minutes ago, GAD said:

Just in from the saints game in time to see Glasgow delivering an absolute pumping, whilst Munster toil against Scarlets. Could be a very pleasing day indeed.

Apparently Edinburgh were absolutely Clancy'd to f**k earlier though.

Watched it, Edinburgh were honking.  

Watching the Las Vegas leg of the sevens and i hope that Craig Evans is not placed on the Pro14 ref list when Owens calls it a day. As he makes Ben Whitehouse look like a quality ref

Scotland take on Spain in the challenge cup final at 11.10pm. Tough group this weekend in with Australia and Fiji, lost to bith of them but beat Wales to come 3rd on the group. Beat Canada and Chile to reach the challenge final.

Ok so big game coming up this week against Wales (and im over excited as I will be making the long trip up to Murrayfield for this one). Good to have Nel, Watson, Russell and Skinner back in the squad, so will be interesting to see what Townsend does. Im going with the following (thanks to the BBC....)

scotland-six-nations-wales-e5d3bce2def41fc23f32a151f1ababc4.jpg

One change to the above will be Price instead of Horne who i believe is still injured, with a bench of Fagerson, Brown, Allan, Gilchrist, Fagerson, Laidlaw, Hastings, Kinghorn.

I actually like Grigg as a player for Glasgow but he falls into the Harley / Horne camp of being good at club level, but not quite having enough for international level, I have been quite impressed with McDowall when he has played for Glasgow so we may as well throw him in and see how he gets on. There's not many games now before the world cup so better to get him a run out now. Kinghorn on the bench as he covers the back 3, but dont trust him defensively for a full game. I think Townsend will play Skinner at 6 - but given Wales play 2 opensides (and Tipuric I rate as the best openside in the world since McCaw retired) we need more pace their.

Apparently Ospreys are bust and they suggested the merger with Scarlets after being turned down by Cardiff Blues. No idea how much truth is in that.

*edit* Although BBC Wales are saying that the Ospreys chairman has quit over how the WRU are handling the proposed merger.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Pro 14 will go through a another big shake up in a few years times (I think the TV deals have another 2 or 3 years to run i think) with talk of another 2 SA teams (SA to pull out of SA as they are propping up NZ and Aus with the TV deal and 4 best teams in Pro 14), a shuffle of the Welsh teams, an Italian team moving to Rome (if they are even still involved) and teams from tier 2 european countries (Georgia, Spain etc) all mooted.  IMHO the SRU should be pitching for a 3rd Scottish team  now so its on the radar in the upcoming reshuffle

I can't see it.

If South Africa pulls out of Super Rugby then they would need to bring the Bulls, Shark, Lions and Stormers into the Pro14 which would either mean 6 South African teams which won't fly or binning the Kings and Cheetahs. Even with just the four big Provinces I don't see the SRU, IRFU and WRU being keen to send the clubs to SA regularly to play tough games.

As for mentioning a third Pro team i hereby sentence you to watch replays of Glasgow 9 - Ospreys 3 and Zebre 34 - Edinburgh 16.