What Are You Drinking ?

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Which ones did you get? I can probably tell you if the white is going to be god or not. 

Pelle, Pinot noir. Just poured myself one just now - it's alright but I won't be seeking it out when I get back to Blighty! The white is a Pelee Chardonnay.

Edited by Bold Rover
Addendum

The Trooper Beer from Robinson's brewery inspired by the song of the same name by Iron Maiden is the beverage I will be trying out this afternoon, see what its like. This is the first time I've seen it in Inverness, £1.50 in ASDA just now.

Same label on the bottle as the top pic.

Image result for trooper beer

Related image

Reading up on it this was launched in 2013. I don't normally break curfew normally (before 12) but I'll try this out now. ........yep this is nice, slightly bitter which I like in English beers especially the northern ones.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Same. Giving that Aldi Gin a try, must say I'm impressed and it's cheap as f**k so really cannot complain.

I've got a bottle of a gin made here in Ottawa called North of 7.  It was a birthday present and it's pretty decent, unfortunately the missus bought cheap tonic.  

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I've got a bottle of a gin made here in Ottawa called North of 7.  It was a birthday present and it's pretty decent, unfortunately the missus bought cheap tonic.  

Ah, the old quality gin and tonic vs supermarket cheapos. At home, Mrs Bold likes her Brockman's, McQueen's etc, with the appropriate Fever Tree tonic, with garnishes of bramble, grapefruit, chilis and numerous other things. I go along with it ;)p

Here in Ottawa, senor, we've opened the Pelle Chardonnay. It's ok.

Edited by Bold Rover
Zen's pernickitiness.

6 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Ah, the old quality gin and tonic vs supermarket cheapos. At home, Mrs Bold likes her Brockman's, McQueen's etc, with the appropriate Fever Tree tonic, with garnishes of bramble, grapefruit, chills and numerous other things. I go along with it ;)

Mrs Soupe doesn't like Gin, nor Tonic, but was at the supermarket this week and texted me me if we needed anything.  I said Canada Dry Tonic, ended up with the much worse President's Choice tonic.  

As for your wine, I'm not big on Chardonnay's in general so don't know that one.  For an Ontario white, try Chateau des Charmes Sauvignon Blanc or if you want something sweeter Inniskillin's Riesling-Pinot Grigio blend is nice, as is their Late Autumn Riesling if you want something really sweet

Edited by senorsoupe

8 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Ah, the old quality gin and tonic vs supermarket cheapos. At home, Mrs Bold likes her Brockman's, McQueen's etc, with the appropriate Fever Tree tonic, with garnishes of bramble, grapefruit, chills and numerous other things. I go along with it ;)

Does it give her the squits?