What Are You Drinking ?

Noticed there was something called Pepsi Electric when I popped into Poundland today, so gave it a try. A kind of neon blue citrus-flavoured fizzy drink that has hints of cleaning fluid and liquid medicine. Not terribly pleasant.

Bit surprised that this has apparently been out for a while but there's been no advertising that I've noticed, and I haven't seen it in the supermarkets I've been to. Almost like PepsiCo have realised they're on to a loser here and are just trying to sneak out what they've manufactured without too many people noticing.

Reminds me a bit of Nuka-Cola Quantum from the Fallout games, so I wonder if the release of the TV series played any part in the look of this thing (not my picture BTW).

pepsi-max-electric-blue-has-appeared-in-

Haven’t seen this for a while so decided to buy it. The packaging and cans seem to be for the Italian market as it lists DABs Italian web site and the neck of the can has Prodotto in Germania plus a bit more Italian stuff on the can, as well as Cyrillic stuff for the Ukraine market. Despite that it has details of the Australian importer and our 10c refund information. The stuff inside the can is good in any language.

IMG_0591.jpeg

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Haven’t seen this for a while so decided to buy it. The packaging and cans seem to be for the Italian market as it lists DABs Italian web site and the neck of the can has Prodotto in Germania plus a bit more Italian stuff on the can, as well as Cyrillic stuff for the Ukraine market. Despite that it has details of the Australian importer and our 10c refund information. The stuff inside the can is good in any language.

IMG_0591.jpeg

Where did you buy it? 

Edited by Swarley
I English type good not

First drink since I started my cancer treatment nearly two months ago. I’m sure it’s lovely, but unfortunately the chemo and radiotherapy have not only left me with burns on my neck, but little to no taste either. 

IMG_1296.jpeg

21 minutes ago, centralTon said:

First drink since I started my cancer treatment nearly two months ago. I’m sure it’s lovely, but unfortunately the chemo and radiotherapy have not only left me with burns on my neck, but little to no taste either. 

IMG_1296.jpeg

Ach sorry to hear that mate. Hope things are looking up on the treatment side, and that your taste returns in the long term. 

I've just opened this pretty bland session IPA from Freedom, not bad, just not exciting.

20240906_192425.jpg

Adam Liaw won the first or second season of Master Chef Australia and James Squire has been one of the sponsors for the last couple of seasons. Marketing gurus at Lion (Kirin) decided let’s cash in. James Squire always brewed good beer and this is no exception although Chef Bland would’ve been a more appropriate name.

IMG_0600.jpeg

15 hours ago, centralTon said:

All the best and hope the tastebuds return to normal soon otherwise, perish the thought, it’s Carling or similar. 

Edited by Eednud

17 hours ago, centralTon said:

IMG_1296.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, chemo can be a right b*****d. Hope those tastebuds are back sooner rather than later!