Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Poor attendance for such an important game

I moved to Melbourne for a couple of years at the end of 1997. Arrived just after the play-off games against Iran.

Mind boggling that a quarter of a million people was the aggregate attendance. 128.000 at the 1st leg in Teheran with 98.000 at the return leg at the MCG. 

I moved to Melbourne for a couple of years at the end of 1997. Arrived just after the play-off games against Iran.
Mind boggling that a quarter of a million people was the aggregate attendance. 128.000 at the 1st leg in Teheran with 98.000 at the return leg at the MCG. 

Australia managed a 1-1 draw in Tehran with a goal from Harry Kewell. 2-0 up at the MCG and cruising when a nutter who had a reputation for trying disrupting events ran on to the pitch and jumped one of the nets, tearing it. Game delayed and it fucked Australia, Iran managed to square the game and qualify for France on away goals.

Been to quite a few games over the last couple of weeks as the season rumbles on. 

South Challenge Cup Final ... East Kilbride 4 Cumbernauld Colts 2

Bonnyrigg Rose 0 Linlithgow Rose 2 

Newtongrange Star 1 Forfar West End 0

Junior Cup Final 

IMG_6026.PNG

Fife & Lothians Final ... Tranent 1 Broxburn 0

IMG_6025.PNG

Scotland Women 2 Romania Women 0

IMG_6024.PNG

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Been to quite a few games over the last couple of weeks as the season rumbles on. 

I genuinely think you're addicted to football Rab. It seems at times the standard of match doesn't matter, you just have to go to a game!

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I genuinely think you're addicted to football Rab. It seems at times the standard of match doesn't matter, you just have to go to a game!

I think it's fair to say I definitely am. I try to justify it by there being worse things to be addicted too. :lol: 

Needless to say I don't do much else! 

I think it's fair to say I definitely am. I try to justify it by there being worse things to be addicted too. :lol: 

Yup, anyone that can do 4 games in a day, defo comes under the title "addicted". Lol.

6 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

You should start going to a few Saints games. That'll cure you. :thumsup2

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Shanner said:

Are tickets for Fulham and QPR home matches usually easily obtainable?

Down in London when Fulham v Sheff Weds and QPR V Hull are the only viable options.

Yeah mate, should be fine for both. Did quite a few Fulham midweek/Friday games when I first moved to London. 

Swiss League announced the fixtures for next season earlier this week. Challenge League(Their 2nd league) will now have games played on a Friday night, which sounds absolutely fucking magic for me and should mean I get to more Aarau games. First game of the season will be away to Neuchatel on a Friday night. Both teams will expect to be challenging for the title and it should be a gloriously sunny night with plentyful beer on the go in a picturesque town in a great wee stadium that is a 2 minute walk from the lake. Safe to say I will be leaving work early to go to that one.

19 minutes ago, Shanner said:

cheers.

decent enough place to go then?

I really enjoyed Craven Cottage, good ground to tick off. The natives are very quiet, but if you have a good away following, makes for a good day out. 

Loftus Road, only been there twice, but a really tight little ground. On top of the action.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

I really enjoyed Craven Cottage, good ground to tick off. The natives are very quiet, but if you have a good away following, makes for a good day out. 

Loftus Road, only been there twice, but a really tight little ground. On top of the action.

Nice one. Looks like a decent choice either way then. Appreciated. 

22 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Long, long way away but myself and a few mates are heading to Sheffield for the snooker in April and are thinking about taking in Sheffield Utd v Preston North End. Anybody been to Bramall Lane before? Good day out?

Bramall Lane is a great old venue. I usually go down to the Snooker and tie it in with when I'm down for a game the Crucible is brilliant. 

Bramall Lane is a great old venue. I usually go down to the Snooker and tie it in with when I'm down for a game the Crucible is brilliant. 

Cheers Rab! We're down on the Wednesday to Sunday so hopefully Sky don't pick up the game.