Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 minute ago, DoingThe42 said:

42/42 🏆 Dunfermline 2-1 Clyde, League One, 29/04/2023.

There we have it. 291 days after getting the ball rolling in summer of 2022 with Albion Rovers v Cove Rangers in the League Cup, after the darkening months of autumn and the freezing your baws off of winter; after long drives to get home at 2am and long days with cans of Tennent's on the train, at East End Park today it all came to an end.

A party atmosphere (of sorts) for the home side, but it was a bit flat for much of the day as Clyde played well, showing good discipline and looking a much better side than they have for most of the season, while Dunfermline obviously lacked a bit of intensity.

Salkeld has been a fine signing for the Bully Wee and he scored a really well-taken goal to put Clyde in front 12 minutes in. It was the first thing of note to happen in the match. Poor defending, with multiple chances to clear missed, led to Clyde conceding an equaliser right on half-time. It was a shame, as theyd have deserved their lead for their hard work, composure, and discipline.

Second half saw Jon Craig miss a good chance for Clyde, and then the visitors had a goal ruled out for offside, which looked fair enough.

Dunfermline took control as it moved on, and Lewis McCann won it for them with a really good hit after an error by Craig. Tough on Clyde, whose performance deserved a point. But good news from Kelty means it's the play-offs for the BW rather than automatic relegation. And recent performances give cause for optimism heading into those ties.

So, there we have it. 42/42. I'll post up a wee reflection/summary later for anyone who's interested. But it's been a joy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Completed.jpg

Congratulations just the 240* lower league grounds to go

*ish no one seems to be able to agree

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

There we have it. 291 days after getting the ball rolling in summer of 2022 with Albion Rovers v Cove Rangers in the League Cup, after the darkening months of autumn and the freezing your baws off of winter; after long drives to get home at 2am and long days with cans of Tennent's on the train, at East End Park today it all came to an end.

A party atmosphere (of sorts) for the home side, but it was a bit flat for much of the day as Clyde played well, showing good discipline and looking a much better side than they have for most of the season, while Dunfermline obviously lacked a bit of intensity.

Salkeld has been a fine signing for the Bully Wee and he scored a really well-taken goal to put Clyde in front 12 minutes in. It was the first thing of note to happen in the match. Poor defending, with multiple chances to clear missed, led to Clyde conceding an equaliser right on half-time. It was a shame, as they'd have deserved their lead for their hard work, composure, and discipline.

Second half saw Jon Craig miss a good chance for Clyde, and then the visitors had a goal ruled out for offside, which looked fair enough.

Dunfermline took control as it moved on, and Lewis McCann won it for them with a really good hit after an error by Craig. Tough on Clyde, whose performance deserved a point. But good news from Kelty means it's the play-offs for the BW rather than automatic relegation. And recent performances give cause for optimism heading into those ties.

So, there we have it. 42/42. I'll post up a wee reflection/summary later for anyone who's interested. But it's been a joy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Completed.jpg

Well done mate. 
Best trip/stadium?

worst trip/stadium?

best game?

worst game? 

Edited by buchan30

Melbourne Victory 0-1 Brisbane Roar

Att: 6,127

As good an advert for relegation in football as you can get as two poor teams with nothing to play for do very little for 90+ minutes in their last game of the season. Pretty dead atmosphere too in a mostly empty ground. Nice little stadium though and all the sport venues in that part of town make for an interesting walk.

Entertainment provided by a handful of Brisbane fans to my left delighted to see a rare win and an invasion of seagulls. Didn’t notice much in the way of Scottish links though Celtic legend Stefan Scepovic was playing for Brisbane. 

EFC192D0-722D-4A81-8A23-24E74493B4E2.thumb.jpeg.c252066298671bb8ac1b09562050825a.jpeg

10 hours ago, Marten said:

I started that challenge when I finished the 42, now roughly halfway through and I'm loving it. :) 

I've been doing a bit of that too.i now no longer have my 42,with bonnyrigg going into the league&FC Edinburghs new ground but re them I really can't be arsed,I'd rather just go somewhere outwith the national leagues.

Was at the cup winners shield game luncarty-renfrew yesterday,lovely wee ground&enjoyable game that actually meant something so it was competitive 

IMG_20230429_153502_1.jpg

IMG_20230429_143315.jpg

IMG_20230429_154044_1.jpg

14 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Salkeld has been a fine signing for the Bully Wee and he scored a really well-taken goal to put Clyde in front 12 minutes in. It was the first thing of note to happen in the match. Poor defending, with multiple chances to clear missed, led to Clyde conceding an equaliser right on half-time. It was a shame, as they'd have deserved their lead for their hard work, composure, and discipline.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Completed.jpg

Well done, mate. Get your fucking feet up.

KTW is going to be at Aberdeen at home, if you're free. Early kick-off so I won't be out before the match, but we'll be in TA after if you're around.

Or are you off to some fucking village somewhere? 😀

14 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Completed.jpg

Congratulations, a fantastic achievement. I only have Kelty to get to and it's not far away, but will do it next season.

South Melbourne 5-1 Altona Magic

Lovely setting for some NPL Victoria football. Altona went down to 10 men just before halftime with the score at 1-1 and collapsed in the second half. First time I’ve ever seen a winger with bleached hair taking long throws on both touch lines. 

South Melbourne used to be called Hellas and have historic links with the Greek community in Melbourne. They were named the Oceania team of the century and used to be one of the bigger clubs in the country pre-A League. Altona is also known as Vardar, after the Skopje club of the same name, and has historic links to migrants from the country now known as North Macedonia. 

Good few hundred people there. Nice little cafe in the stand. Stadium is probably what Meadowbank could have been like if they’d put any thought into it at all.

DF86470D-A14C-4290-AF08-A7B6D4BB2DF3.thumb.jpeg.0c8db014f8bfb19f31fa5624481271a4.jpeg

B254E4B7-FC21-42F1-9B4C-EA3E788CDAF2.thumb.jpeg.b547010ae586b7e9b2cb7d8eb314a0ae.jpeg

4 hours ago, An Eejit Abroad said:

Good few hundred people there. Nice little cafe in the stand. Stadium is probably what Meadowbank could have been like if they’d put any thought into it at all.

Up until 1981 and before redevelopment it was the home ground of Aussie Rules side South Melbourne before they flew up to Sydney and became Swans. 

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 4-0 Vale of Leithen (2-0 HT) @ Kier’s Park 🌱. EOSFL Premier Division. 2.30pm. The home side ahead from the spot after only 2 mins and gifted a 2nd before half time. 2 further goals ⚽⚽️ sealed 3 comfortable points in HOB’s their fight to stay up. Crowd 83.

81119739-BEBB-4A7B-B651-BD709335C1C4.jpeg

09F6E1ED-BCD8-4EAE-8063-2CCBC3BB3089.jpeg

AB3797B2-BC6B-43AC-A536-26DBDC09AA1E.jpeg

Edited by Crow

Western League Premier : Cadbury Heath 2 Barnstaple 1 att around 100. Vital win for the Heathens who climb above Keynsham Town(now bottom) and escape relegation. Decent effort, chances wasted, but survival comes at a price - eight trips down to Cornwall again next season, local Bristol clubs finding this a financial burden. Up the road Oldland Abbotonians beat Shirehampton 21 (att around 600) to gain promotion from Division 1.

30 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Western League Premier : Cadbury Heath 2 Barnstaple 1 att around 100. Vital win for the Heathens who climb above Keynsham Town(now bottom) and escape relegation. Decent effort, chances wasted, but survival comes at a price - eight trips down to Cornwall again next season, local Bristol clubs finding this a financial burden. Up the road Oldland Abbotonians beat Shirehampton 21 (att around 600) to gain promotion from Division 1.

Surprised they won. I thought their keeper was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

Shamrock rovers v Sligo.

attendance -5500

price - 15 euro.

good game with both teams trying to play football. Trying to gauge the standard in relation to Scotland I would probably say mid table championship but hard to say. Decent chippy van for half time feed aswell!

EA02BE58-5C33-47BA-B162-28494D99CFDC.jpeg

Hill of Beath Hawthorn 3-1 Penicuik Athletic

Tuesday night run through to the Kingdom for some East Premier Action 

Haws in desperate need of the points and Penicuik comfortable in midtable. The home side wanted it more for obvious reasons and ran out comfortable winners. A poor second half sees few highlights apart from a dog on the park and commotion next door with cows escaping from their field.

Major mark down to Hill of Beath for not giving me tea in a real mug like Lochore and Thornton. Do enjoy that they are keeping the proud shunkie tradition alive.

Otherwise very impressed, a ground suited to further up the leagues if Haws performances and SFA scheming ever allow it.

20230502_194823.jpg

20230502_193419.jpg

20230502_201855.jpg