Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

You should check airbnb prices although you are then staying in someone's home rather than a hotel so it depends what you have planned.

We went with Booking.com. Our original choice was a bed and breakfast (someones home) with great reviews for £70, but it was double booked. They found us a hotel slightly closer to centre for £90, but we do get a refund on that £20 though. Looking at Premier inn, Travelodge etc is day light robbery.

Was at Fulham vs Newcastle at the weekend there, cracking day out it was and a surprisingly good atmosphere at the Cottage. Nice old ground and a pretty decent game, I was sitting in the more lively home section though I was hoping for a Newcastle win. 3rd time I've seen them in the Premier League and yet to see them win!

In Newcastle on 22nd. Going to Newcastle V Palace.

Any tips re a good place for lunch, preferably to also catch the Chelsea/Arsenal match on TV.

I'm looking to go to that game as I'm there this weekend - primarily to see Maximo Park, but if I'm not too rough I'll take the game in. Not sure where to get tickets for in the ground - want a fairly cheap ticket but don't want a crap seat for it.

I'm looking to go to that game as I'm there this weekend - primarily to see Maximo Park, but if I'm not too rough I'll take the game in. Not sure where to get tickets for in the ground - want a fairly cheap ticket but don't want a crap seat for it.

Depends what you mean by crap seat - I bought the cheapest tickets available from the club website (£34 back then) and ended up sitting a few rows from the back of the top tier - amazing view if you're not too fussed about being so far away from the action. Alan Shearer scored a free kick in the game I went to and until it was announced I thought it was Nobby Solano!

Depends what you mean by crap seat - I bought the cheapest tickets available from the club website (£34 back then) and ended up sitting a few rows from the back of the top tier - amazing view if you're not too fussed about being so far away from the action. Alan Shearer scored a free kick in the game I went to and until it was announced I thought it was Nobby Solano!

That's pretty good - by crap view I mean not restricted like the big pillars at Celtic Park. Don't mind sitting up near the back at all, looks a cracking view from the photos I've seen!

Went to Newcastle v Palace today. Not a great game but a tremendous afternoon. We were in the Palace section. What an outstanding group of fans. Sang from 1st minute to last. When Newcastle scored at the death the singing stopped for about 20 seconds then restarted. Great bunch of folks around us. Top day out.

Ended up getting one of the last tickets for Newcastle v Palace - cost £53 for the Platinum Club. Good seat and a good afternoon watching a good enough game. My coupon also came up so the day paid for itself!

Went to Derby v Charlton yesterday. Liked Derby's stadium. Game ok, routine win for Derby. Charlton pretty woeful. Was at Burnley v Notts Forest a few weeks ago. Impressed with Burnley. Going to go back to Premiership it seems which is amazing for a club of their size and support.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Newcastle Swansea on Saturday. Going down for the weekend for my mates 21st (massive newcastle fan, father is a geordie).

Fucking raging though, Pards and the boys clearly popped off on their summer holidays weeks ago!

Ah well, St James Park is a beautiful stadium and the atmosphere is usually decent. Howay the lads.