Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Noticed that - presumably due to lesser / no segregation - attendance for this friendly surpassed Hearts v Celtic in LC SF as the biggest Scottish football attendance for a generation: you have to go back to Scottish Cup Final in 1989. Something depressing about that for England-Italy club friendly. Ditto this talk of SRU setting up one of your Qatar v Brazil-style encounters.

Not just segregation. Loads of spaces in the Hearts end.

Neilston 1- 2 Arthurlie.

Should be an Arthurlie fan. 2 games, 2 wins! Really enjoyed this game even though it wasn't attack after attack. Both teams got stuck in though. Arthurlie pretty much bossed the game but Neilston were always in with a shout. They got an equaliser a minute or so before HT which wasn't deserved IMO, but Arthurlie shut off from a quick free kick. They grabbed the winner right at the death but it would have been robbery if they didn't get the win IMO. IMG_20190729_185431265.jpegIMG_20190729_185551989_HDR.jpegIMG_20190729_185555142_HDR.jpegIMG_20190729_190219339.jpegIMG_20190729_192745021_HDR.jpeg

Went to Napoli 3 v Cremonese 3 up at Napoli's pre season training in the Italian Dolomites last week. Beautiful backdrop to the ground, and about 4500 crammed into the small stadium at Dimaro. Napoli have based themselves there for the last 6 years, and have signed up again for a few more. It's a huge business deal for this sleepy wee village. Highlight of the game was the Cremonese equaliser to make it 3-3. The guy launched the ball from about 10 yards inside his own half when he saw the Napoli goals off his line. The goalie scuttled back and managed to tip the ball onto the underside of the crossbar......only for it to rebound, and hit him, and roll over the line. The Cremonese guy must have been spewing, as it went down as an og.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

11 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Went to Napoli 3 v Cremonese 3 up at Napoli's pre season training in the Italian Dolomites last week. Beautiful backdrop to the ground, and about 4500 crammed into the small stadium at Dimaro. Napoli have based themselves there for the last 6 years, and have signed up again for a few more. It's a huge business deal for this sleepy wee village. Highlight of the game was the Cremonese equaliser to make it 3-3. The guy launched the ball from about 10 yards inside his own half when he saw the Napoli goals off his line. The goalie scuttled back and managed to tip the ball onto the underside of the crossbar......only for it to rebound, and hit him, and roll over the line. The Cremonese guy must have been spewing, as it went down as an og.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You know the rules - pics or GTF 😎

6 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The rain wiped out Edinburgh United v Easthouses Lily and my mates up from Liverpool fancied a League ground so went to Dunfermline Athletic 4 East Kilbride 0 in the Betfred. 

371844B6-1EE7-4BEF-B65D-F806469B2E3E.jpeg

Have you been to many Easthouses games? One of the boys from my work plays for them so wondered what the standard is like. Where do Edinburgh Utd play? Might go to the rearranged fixture!

Have you been to many Easthouses games? One of the boys from my work plays for them so wondered what the standard is like. Where do Edinburgh Utd play? Might go to the rearranged fixture!
Edinburgh United play at Paties Road Stadium on Katesmill Road in the Colinton area of the city.

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/edinburgh.htm

Sleat and Strath 10-2 Portree, Skye and Lochalsh League
Ground itself is next to a primary school, but the backdrop is wonderful. Big difference in standard between the teams. Sleat and Strath played very decent football.

20190730_190907.jpeg20190730_195609.jpeg20190730_195937.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Marten said:

Ground itself is next to a primary school, but the backdrop is wonderful. Big difference in standard between the teams. Sleat and Strath played very decent football.

20190730_190907.jpeg20190730_195609.jpeg20190730_195937.jpeg

I see they've got a pyramid.

Camelon 1 - 2 Blackburn United

I enjoyed this game. Not much action in the first half but still something enjoyable about it. Camelon took an early lead in the second half but Blackburn soon equalised. Blackburn then got a man sent off. I thought it was a pretty rotten decision tbh. It was a second yellow for a handball but the guy didn't seem to know much about it. It looked like Camelon would go on to snatch a win but right at the death Blackburn got a penalty and converted. Funnily enough it was a handball almost identical to the one the Blackburn guy walked for. Yet the Camelon guy never even got booked. I think a draw would have been fair but you can't take anything away from Blackburn given the circumstances.

I really liked the ground. Dunno why, just something really nice about it. My favourite Junior one so far tbh.

Final note, the Blackburn 'keeper's kicking was absolutely appalling. I've never seen kicking from an adult so bad and my kicking used to be poor! The assistant was for subbing him but the manager over-ruled him.

IMG_20190730_191432287_HDR.jpegIMG_20190730_191850961.jpegIMG_20190730_191856010.jpegIMG_20190730_192227794.jpegIMG_20190730_192230066.jpeg

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Usually get to a couple of their games a season HM. Physical side who had a good season last year but tailed off last month or so or might have made the Premier. Not had a great pre-season but added a few including Willie Kidd who will make a difference at the back. No new date yet for fixture. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Was up at Loch of the Lowes yesterday and took in Kinnoull 3 Dunipace 2 at Tulloch Park on the way home. EOSL First Division Conference A.  Kinnoull sit proudly at the top with a maximum 6 points.

IMG_5103a.thumb.jpg.4d2f334b49c7902f6da0b4e96b8e8457.jpgIMG_5096a.thumb.jpg.47c90262b9e7d0779a70dce33e9cfbb2.jpg

13 hours ago, Marten said:

20190730_190907.jpeg

Must be Broadford. Beinn na Caillich 😎

Good old fashioned venue Camelon but they're no longer a junior club having joined the east of scotland league last season and are  now part of the pyramid.
Yeah, thought someone would take issue with that. I've been to a few grounds in the last week and a half, not all Junior grounds but just wrote Junior rather than every individual league [emoji14]

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah, thought someone would take issue with that. I've been to a few grounds in the last week and a half, not all Junior grounds but just wrote Junior rather than every individual league emoji14.png

Suppose it dosn't help that Camelon still have Juniors in their name.

Edinburgh United v Dalkeith Thistle in East of Scotland 1st Division conference B tonight.

ETA: Game was abandoned after one of the Dalkeith players appeared to break his leg following a challenge in the box. Edinburgh United were 2-0 up at the time.

Edited by Jute