Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Nasaf 3-0 Andijon.

A great evening of football in the Coca Cola Cup (haven't found out if the final man of the match gets a bike yet). It's probably the closest to the Scottish football experience that I've encountered overseas. Some flashes of magic that got the crowd on their feet, usually swiftly followed by a terrible pass or the carrier falling over the ball. Plenty of apparently amusing interjections from the crowd during proceedings as well, which is something I've missed living in Italy. There was even a Jamie Hamill-esque angry midfield panto villain to boo.

The home team were, as expected, much the better side and it should have been more but the thing about Shurtan Gas Chemical Complex FC Nasaf Qarshi is that they always try to walk it in. Plenty of chances though and at 47p great value for money. Decent stadium too even if the city itself is fucking wretched. The pitch was immaculate, great work considering the summer season and solid 45° heat.IMG_20190804_192143.jpgIMG_20190804_192543.jpgIMG_20190804_202658.jpg

Nasaf 3-0 Andijon.

A great evening of football in the Coca Cola Cup (haven't found out if the final man of the match gets a bike yet). It's probably the closest to the Scottish football experience that I've encountered overseas. Some flashes of magic that got the crowd on their feet, usually swiftly followed by a terrible pass or the carrier falling over the ball. Plenty of apparently amusing interjections from the crowd during proceedings as well, which is something I've missed living in Italy. There was even a Jamie Hamill-esque angry midfield panto villain to boo.

The home team were, as expected, much the better side and it should have been more but the thing about Shurtan Gas Chemical Complex FC Nasaf Qarshi is that they always try to walk it in. Plenty of chances though and at 47p great value for money. Decent stadium too even if the city itself is fucking wretched. The pitch was immaculate, great work considering the summer season and solid 45° heat.IMG_20190804_192143.thumb.jpg.65f130fc1884ac3a58b0cc99f100c7b3.jpgIMG_20190804_192543.thumb.jpg.248cc34e4d658fb09f9972940688ef5f.jpgIMG_20190804_202658.thumb.jpg.ff4f06c351d3ac9eedb75f0876e75b01.jpg

Without sounding like a total tool, what country do they play in?

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Hull v WBA on 9th November 2019. My friend is a West Brom fan and I’ve never been to Hull before. I hear it has a nice suspension bridge.

It does. Hull is a decent day out and very cheap. 

On 31/07/2019 at 20:25, Jute said:

Edinburgh United v Dalkeith Thistle in East of Scotland 1st Division conference B tonight.

ETA: Game was abandoned after one of the Dalkeith players appeared to break his leg following a challenge in the box. Edinburgh United were 2-0 up at the time.

Without meaning to come across a heartless b*****d, but does a bad injury usually mean a game is abandoned? Seems strange to abandon it.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Without meaning to come across a heartless b*****d, but does a bad injury usually mean a game is abandoned? Seems strange to abandon it.

Pretty much if it’s an injury where a player can’t be moved and you’ve not got an ambulance at the ground as per SPFL rules. Definitely if you are playing on an unfloodlit ground with darkness approaching. 

21 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Pretty much if it’s an injury where a player can’t be moved and you’ve not got an ambulance at the ground as per SPFL rules. Definitely if you are playing on an unfloodlit ground with darkness approaching. 

Ah right didn’t think about not being able to get him off the pitch. Sounds a bad one.

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

5 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Abandonments also usual where (1) play has stopped for 30mins or more or (2) injury/subsequent suffering has caused distress/subsequent distraction among participants.