Snooker

RedWeb

On 16/04/2021 at 14:53, GiGi said:

World champs starts tomorrow. Who we having for this then? Lifted this from bet365 (not a sponsored post I promise, just the only account I've got).

Not really attractive odds until you get to Murphy onwards. Value options for me are Bingham at 40/1 and McGill at 100/1. Not saying McGill is going to win it but each way wouldn't be out of the question if he gets a good run going.

I couldn't confidently predict a winner this year. None of the top 10 (or Bingham) would really shock me. Maybe if Allen or Maguire get the finger out one of them could be a surprise winner.

image.thumb.png.1897607b913944c723965d4a586d62ba.png

Down to this now:

image.thumb.png.cc89025127366379d8be6ca231bd4c22.png

Should have really put a couple of quid on those picks. Last time I put money on a player to win an event was Selby at the Scottish which he duly did.

Murphy and Bingham both look a bit long given they're both still in with as good a shout as any. No surprise Selby has gone favourite. For one he's the only player that looks sure to be in the semis but other than McGill no one else is reaching that standard.

11 hours ago, GiGi said:

Down to this now:

image.thumb.png.cc89025127366379d8be6ca231bd4c22.png

Should have really put a couple of quid on those picks. Last time I put money on a player to win an event was Selby at the Scottish which he duly did.

Murphy and Bingham both look a bit long given they're both still in with as good a shout as any. No surprise Selby has gone favourite. For one he's the only player that looks sure to be in the semis but other than McGill no one else is reaching that standard.

If I'd known McGill was 100-1 before it started, I'd have definitely bumped my precious fiver on him then. Especially since he came within a bawhair of getting to the final last year. As it is, I got 26-1 to when he was several frames up against O'Sullivan which is still not bad. 

Reminds me of the time Yugoslavia got kicked out of Euro 1992 and replaced by Denmark. Even after Denmark were confirmed as being in the tournament, bookies were offering silly odds of 250-1 on Denmark winning it - despite it only being an 8 team tourney at that time. And we all know what happened. 

Denmark won it

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Aye the only reason his odds were that long was him being the same half of the draw as O'Sullivan, Higgins and Selby. But he's opened the draw up for himself and the way he's playing he's as likely as anyone.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Robertson going out here, as Wilson has taken all 4 frames of the final session so far... 12-8

Didn't see that coming at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/56886931

"Neil Robertson says only something 'special' can stop his Crucible run"

lol

Edited by GiGi

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Mcgill was in the balls at 10-8 and missed a regulation black. Since then bingham has taken full advantage of every situation. Hats off to him.

McGill has played a pretty poor shot in most frames but fair play to Bingham who has punished him every time.

McGill has played a pretty poor shot in most frames but fair play to Bingham who has punished him every time.
Strange choice of shot from McGill after another good pot on a red, couldn't see any way he was getting on a red from the yellow.