Snooker

RedWeb

26 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Clever by Ding, he's obviously learned from last year's mistake and decided not to get off to a good start.

And then some :o

3 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Does no-one get fed up with O'Sullivan constantly going on about 'hating snooker', 'playing rubbish', 'winning doesn't mean anything'? 

He's a bore when he goes on like that and is pretty disrespectful to the sport and other players

I think everyone (except maybe the media) get fed up with it. But when he can half arse his way through tournaments and still won them or go deep, there's not much anyone else can do other than get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Higgins gets there in the end. Tough match again tomorrow night if he plays Saengkham.

Wilson v Yuelong should be a cracker in the afternoon, both played excellent games today.

Guest DannyBlue

Was there all day Wednesday and it's a really good day out, had a belter of a time. I was able to get a good seat for the main table, but the layout meant I could see two other tables as well. It was late one though all four tables still on at 11 and never left until Higgins beat Walden close to 1 in the morning after being there for close to 15 hours. Came away after watching Kyren Wilson dominate, thinking he would win it all or Si as an outsider, both lost the next day so shows what I know.

One thing about the venue, it's a shame the seats slam up, an the staircase is so squeaky though can tell it was distracting the players.

As for Ronnie O'Sullivan, after hinting he would pull out of the tournament, did it at the last minute, leaving his opponent with a bye and a free table on Monday. Hard to believe he didn't just do that deliberately to be a fanny.