Snooker

RedWeb

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's a struggle to watch snooker at times as there is no fresh players regularly making the latter stages of tournaments, It's largely the same guys who are there tourney after tourney and has been for years. There's a limit to the number of Selby snoozefests you can sit through. Thought Brecel might be the guy to finally upset the regulars, but he's not been past the 3rd round anywhere since winning the world championship. 

I agree with this, no one has come through and took any major by storm in recent years. Bracel threatened, but has not done much since his world title win. 

Frustrating to watch Ronnie win, no doubt the guy is a genius on the table. Probably the best ever, but his attitude and arrogance makes it unbearable. 

The first session yesterday, he was taking on doubles rather than playing safe. Taking on shots that 99% of players would not play in a Masters final. 

He did rein this in for the evening session, and that probably was one of the reasons why he went on to win the match. 

He will probably win the world championships when it comes around, as I don’t see anyone on current form stopping him?!

Yes it looked like  the generation of young chinese players such as yan bingtao etc we’re going to be the ones to upset the old order before they all got themselves banned. 

I wonder if ,seeing the likes of Williams, Higgins and o’ Sullivan still competing at the highest level, if Stephen Hendry reckons he retired too early? They all went through slumps in form before coming back strong. 

Hendry's attempted 'comeback' answers that to a point. He was nowhere near and it's gone very quiet on that front. 

That said, I'm sure if he didn't retire when he did, he'd be there or thereabouts. Maybe. He'd have been sharper for sure. 

Hendry needed better coaching when he chucked it. He's working on different things in his game now and his YouTube channel is really good for showing you what he and other players are up to. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

The "Come On, Wonnie!" morons are out in force toniggt.

Indeed they are, moronic.

I know he ain't a favourite on here but that 6-1 thumping of Ding was incredible snooker from O'Sullivan

He has a "bellendness" absolutely, but Ronnie is beyond compare for me, where other snooker players are / have been.

The whole panto persona as well, it's all an act, to see people actually getting wound up about it does seem to validate his reasoning for doing it.

Guy is a legend in my opinion. 

Still a total dickhead of a boy and I hope he loses in every match he plays. His peerless ability does nothing to endear him to me. 

If O'Sullivan wasn't good at snooker he'd just be know as a weirdo you wouldn't want to sit next to in the pub. 

He's a twat. He was laughing and joking to some young interviewer in China that she should suck his cock. He clearly looks down his nose at fans, and is always slagging off the game. Used to be a massive fan but can't stand him, now.

He is, quite clearly, an unbelievable player, and almost certainly the best of all time. But, like Phil Taylor, it doesn't mean I have to like him.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

7 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

He has a "bellendness" absolutely, but Ronnie is beyond compare for me, where other snooker players are / have been.

The whole panto persona as well, it's all an act, to see people actually getting wound up about it does seem to validate his reasoning for doing it.

Guy is a legend in my opinion. 

The GOAT no doubt about that. His disrespect of the game and other players because he finds the game easier than them though is a pretty nasty trait though. If it is all an act he must be pretty weird to be getting a kick out of it, hardly a reason to validate his behaviour.

He's got out of jail there. The absolute opposite of yesterday. That last clearance though. Superb. 

Trump a little shakey despite the lead 🤔

Looking forward to tonight.