Snooker

RedWeb

We don't seem to have done the Stephen Hendry and 26 year old Noddy Actress.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603574/Snooker-legend-Stephen-Hendry-walks-wife-19-years-children-26-year-old-actress.html

Very suprised at the lack of research from our national papers beacuse if they had done their research, recalling his wife Mandy's maiden name, they would have the gift of a headline about swapping one Tart for another.

First round draw has been made

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) v Robin Hull (Fin)

Joe Perry (Eng) v Jamie Burnett (Sco)

Marco Fu (HK) v Martin Gould (Eng)

Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Jamie Cope (Eng)

Barry Hawkins (Eng) v David Gilbert (Eng)

Ricky Walden (Eng) v Kyren Wilson (Eng)

Mark Davis (Eng) v Dominic Dale (Wal)

Ding Junhui (Chn) v Michael Wasley (Eng)

Mark Selby (Eng) v Michael White (Wal)

Ali Carter (Eng) v Xiao Guodong (Chn)

John Higgins (Sco) v Alan McManus (Sco)

Stuart Bingham (Eng) v Ken Doherty (Ire)

Judd Trump (Eng) v Tom Ford (Eng)

Stephen Maguire (Sco) v Ryan Day (Wal)

Mark Allen (NI) v Michael Holt (Eng)

Neil Robertson (Aus) v Robbie Williams (Eng)

Maguire v Day is probably tie of the round but if Holt turns up, doesnt get pissed off after his first miss, and keeps his head throughout should give Mark Allen a tough match.

Looking forward to this, especially now that tax-dodging boring b*****d Ebdon can't shitfest the tournament.

Got money on O'Sullivan (even though I hate him), Cuddly Ding (obviously) and two outside bets on Carter and Michael White.

Boylesports offering money back if Trump wins.

A better line-up for a few years with no Ebdon, Dott and Lee (cheating b*****d) boring the place up. Looking at the draw and there arent many who like contemplating playing safe when a balls over the pocket for 3 minutes before jabbing it in, fucking up position and running for cover.

Ronnie will be favourite but i can see a shock before the final and him getting beat by Selby or someone (not sure of the draw in later rounds).

Just over two hours in and John Parrot is destroying John Virgo in the commentary stakes already. God help me when Taylor turns up. :death

Edited by meanmistermustard

Higgins is playing some of the worst snooker i've seen in a long time; awful position, dreadful misses and crap safety. Would be some turn about if he does get thru.

McManus just missed a great chance to finish the frame but played the pot cautiously and subsequently missed the black. 9-5 up just now.

That's a few big names out in the first round now, I just hope it isn't opening up for Ronnie to stroll it again. Out of the realistic candidates I'd like to see Murphy win it, I always enjoy watching him and his technique always seems perfect.

Elsewhere, as much as he'd likely pose a decent threat to O'Sullivan, I'd love to see the hugely overrated Trump get papped out on his arse here. Behind Ronnie he's the biggest tosser in the game, and judging by the small ripple of applause he got walking out to the table aswell as the hate he gets on some fans forums, I'm delighted to see more and more people feeling the same. Spoilt little brat.

The only big name who is out and might have done something is Ding. Higgins has been shite for an age, Bingham was never going to challenge over 25 frames and Maguire was only just returning to some sort of form and came up against one of the few players many of the top 16 would have wanted to avoid.

BBC love Trump and i have no idea why, same as with Mark Allen. And someone needs to tell Taylor to shut the f**k up, his endless dull prattling commentary ruined the Higgins McManus match.

You can tell the amount of mouth breathers that are actually in the arena, they only fuckin applaud whenever a commentator says "good shot" through one of the earpieces.

The crowd act on whoever is commentating and it's utter shite. Almost as bad as the commentators themselves, Virgo especially being shite.

Trump's revisiting his old style hit and hope at times. Simple safety on yet decided to try a stupid double which he missed, left a red over the middle pocket and thankfully went on to lose the frame. No doubt he will still go thru as Ford is worse pish and the BBC will continue their strange infatuation with him as some kind of snooker second coming.