Snooker

RedWeb

I was absolutely stunned at how poor the standard was it was like a bad game down my local Riley's. Bloody hell no wonder the sport is in the toilet. Anyone of the top 20 players from 30 years ago would have destroyed these jokers.

Not sure if you watched Snooker from the 80's. Taking Davis out of the equation I doubt any of them would be good enough to get through the qualifiers to reach the crucible nowadays. Let alone destroy one of these players. I do agree that Hawkins must be the worst player since Robidoux to reach a semi at the worlds.

Edited by Fotbawmad

That session this morning was utterly terrible. Thing is Hawkins has been tripping over himself to lose this thing and he still manages to go into tonight's session 12-12. I know it starts an hour earlier than the night session for the final, but could this be the latest ever finish to a match we're going to witness? Well I say "we", what I mean is, not me.

I don't like Trump or O'Sullivan, but I'm delighted to see the latter comprehensively beating the former.

Maybe if World Snooker offer to pay for a couple of terms of tuition, O'Sullivan'll stretch the final out until the last session.

I wonder if there is anything to be said for the standard of players since Ronnie has walked thru the tournament so far without any real challenge? O'Sullivan is fresh from doing nothing all season and has been practising with Ebdon so he's prepared for any shitfest that comes his way and the others might be suffering from burn out from the long season (tho not accepted by Hearn - not surprising tho) but everyone so far has fallen away without much of a whimper. Trump was supposed to be a big challenge but from the bits ive seen and read he kept missing and ballsing it up allowing O'Sullivan to steal frames and not break much of a sweat.

Unless Walden or Hawkins up their game by a rediculous level or Ronnie cannot be arsed and/or wants to make a statement by either not bothering to to turn up or playing blindfold you cant really see an upset or even a close match.

Edited by meanmistermustard

In saying that though, my favourite player is John Higgins and I support Dundee. Not really in a position to complain tbh.

Was a big fan of Higgy but the Russian mafia business has turned me off him plus he plays absolutely shite thesedays, he's become a bit of a cop out, always bottling it and moaning about the pressure, gutless.

O'Sullivan to 18-3 - 50/1

O'Sullivan to 18-4 - 40/1

O'Sullivan to 18-5 - 25/1

O'Sullivan to 18-6 - 16/1

O'Sullivan to 18-7 - 12/1

O'Sullivan to 18-8 - 10/1

O'Sullivan to 18-9 - 17/2

O'Sullivan to 18-10 - 8/1

Surely a spread across most of those would be worth a bang.

This has to end up closer than everyone thinks.

I'm always suspicious of the too good to be true obvious conclusions.

Though it is very difficult not to imagine it being a massacre of Parrot like proportions. 18-9 for me.

The gulf in class is already showing. Both men haven't been showered in glory at times, but Hawkins has been truly dreadful with an alarming number of shots.

EDIT: Marked improvement here in fairness.

Edited by DomDom

Hawkins has been pretty impressive in these last couple of frames. Some cracking shots in amongst this as well. That shot to get on the last red was fantastic as well.

Hopefully the standard keeps up here.