Snooker

RedWeb

Yep a humiliating performance with a forfeit at 3-0 down would be great. And he has previous for it.

I dont think it's good for the game of snooker at all to have a guy decide he's just going to miss out the entire season and choose to enter into the big one at the end. IMO he should be told where to go but it seems the WPBSA pander to him and not the other way around.

An affront the rest of the players who've worked hard and had to travel all year just to get there.

• 1 month later...

Another reason to hate watching Shaun Murphy. Last frame of the session (which he leads 5-3 against Martin Gould), is 57 points behind with 1 red remaining and plays for snookers. Absolutely pointless and makes me detest him more.

You know he's being an arse when Dennis Taylor is moaning about it.

14 days of Dennis Taylor, Willie Thorn and John Virgo spouting pish, achieving orgasms whilst watching players, and arse licking. :death:barf

Edited by meanmistermustard

Let's guess how many times the commentators moan about the miss rule. I'll go with 147 times.

Will still be lower than Dennis Taylor telling everyone he commentated on Ronnie's 5mins and so many seconds 147 clearance back whenever it was.

Other over stated pish will be how every shit miss is down to a kick or "the occassion" be it the first round or final.

I watched a lot of their first session and it was awful too.

Ebdon missed so many 'easy' pots.

Someone playing well would have been home and hosed by now but Dott is somewhat struggling too.

Whoever the winner meets in the 2nd round will be rather smug.

The gobby one is out, beaten by Mark King. Says a lot off but little on the table. BBC will be gutted but makes it a better tournament to watch. If Trump and Carter would quickly follow out the exit door that would be much appreciated. :thumsup2:lol::)

Dott v Ebdon is awful, saw the second session, but was that not to be expected. Their matches are always of low quality filled with awful misses and such shit safety that often you have no idea what shot theyre playing, where the balls are going to end up, or if it worked out as either player planned. You simply sit back and watch a disaster play out over 14 hours. There are moments in frames where you can go away for 15 minutes and upon returning find theyre still wacking the same colour around the table.

Dott v Ebdon is awful, saw the second session, but was that not to be expected. Their matches are always of low quality filled with awful misses and such shit safety that often you have no idea what shot theyre playing, where the balls are going to end up, or if it worked out as either player planned. You simply sit back and watch a disaster play out over 14 hours. There are moments in frames where you can go away for 15 minutes and upon returning find theyre still wacking the same colour around the table.

:lol: that sums that match up perfectly.

Will still be lower than Dennis Taylor telling everyone he commentated on Ronnie's 5mins and so many seconds 147 clearance back whenever it was.

Other over stated pish will be how every shit miss is down to a kick or "the occassion" be it the first round or final.

Hazel tried to do that in the Dale v Trump match trying to explain a miss in the third frame. Steve Davis was... 'it's probably more to do with the fact he was concentrating too much on positioning' - Davis is one of the best pundits in any sport imo. I can't stand this 'psychological' bullshit that every non-expert journalist comes out with. Hazel was doing it at the Masters as well.

Hazel tried to do that in the Dale v Trump match trying to explain a miss in the third frame. Steve Davis was... 'it's probably more to do with the fact he was concentrating too much on positioning' - Davis is one of the best pundits in any sport imo. I can't stand this 'psychological' bullshit that every non-expert journalist comes out with. Hazel was doing it at the Masters as well.

Was wondering where Davis was for the first weekend and relieved when he appeared yesterday (tho maybe i missed him on the first two days). Unlike Thorne, Taylor and Virgo he doesnt talk on every shot and keep making jokes that arent funny. I have no problem listing to the players who have recently retired (Hendry, Parrott, Doherty) or Davis who'll still be trying to qualify for tournaments in his 90's. Its the 3 who have been with the bbc for years and are out of touch with how the game has moved on, are so biased to their favourites it makes it unwatchable, keep harping on about the same crap every tournament (miss rule, kicks, how slow the cloth was back in 1982) and get so much wrong. Griffiths is fine as again he shuts up and will berate a player for playing a terrible shot, not putting it down to a kick that clearly didnt happen or a player appearing for the 8th time feeling the pressure.

Was wondering where Davis was for the first weekend and relieved when he appeared yesterday (tho maybe i missed him on the first two days). Unlike Thorne, Taylor and Virgo he doesnt talk on every shot and keep making jokes that arent funny. I have no problem listing to the players who have recently retired (Hendry, Parrott, Doherty) or Davis who'll still be trying to qualify for tournaments in his 90's. Its the 3 who have been with the bbc for years and are out of touch with how the game has moved on, are so biased to their favourites it makes it unwatchable, keep harping on about the same crap every tournament (miss rule, kicks, how slow the cloth was back in 1982) and get so much wrong. Griffiths is fine as again he shuts up and will berate a player for playing a terrible shot, not putting it down to a kick that clearly didnt happen or a player appearing for the 8th time feeling the pressure.

The BBC badly misses Clive Everton. Steven Hendry is like the Alan Shearer of snooker punditry, very handy player but as a pundit, just doesnt have it. He might get better though.

After watching the snooker on Eurosport i can now see where Mitchell and Webb got their commentator sketch idea from.

Snooker on ESPN is unwatchable.

Surely Carter isnt going to ask Ebdon for advice on how to beat O'Sullivan, he did for last years final, slowed down his play and played worse than any other time during the tournament.