Snooker

RedWeb

That's by far the worst I've ever seen John Higgins play. As Gnash says above though, it's nothing suspicious, as he'd never be that obvious. That's always going to hang over him when he misses easy shots though.

Dunno what was up with him, his confidence just seemed shot to pieces. Been a really poor season for him all round.

I'd love to see Hendry winning the tournament, but I'm not sure he's got the stamina for a full two weeks anymore. I can see Maguire beating him easily in the next round. Good effort though.

That's by far the worst I've ever seen John Higgins play. As Gnash says above though, it's nothing suspicious, as he'd never be that obvious. That's always going to hang over him when he misses easy shots though.

Dunno what was up with him, his confidence just seemed shot to pieces. Been a really poor season for him all round.

I'd love to see Hendry winning the tournament, but I'm not sure he's got the stamina for a full two weeks anymore. I can see Maguire beating him easily in the next round. Good effort though.

What are the odds on Hendry winning the tournament? It was great watching them this afternoon but tonight Higgins was terrible. Did anyone watch Ryan Day vs Cao Yupeng? It was terrible to watch, I thought both of them were awful but I haven't watched snooker for a few years so maybe I'm being harsh on them.

Dunno what was up with him.

Probably trying to avoid being interviewed by Hazel Irvine this year.

Nice to see cheat Higgins lose badly... hopefully the beginning of the end of his career, which should be over already.

Stuck a tidy sum on Maguire to win the thing - looks really solid this year.

Ding spits the dummy about the crucible crowd. I watched his whole match against Ryan Day and heard nothing untoward from anyone in the audience. More soor grapes and another seed bites the dust. The winner of Hendry/Higgins on Friday will be rubbing their hands at the draw now, as will O'Sullivan.

Hopefully Trump gets pumped next.

And he does. 8) liking the way this is going next year. O'Sullivan will beat Williams but I hope Robertson stuffs him in the quarters and I think he will. Stevens to beat Day in the all-Welsh match and Hendo to edge past Maguire. Some tournament so far!

Hendry gubbed and announces his immediate retirement from snooker.

Its been a good tournament with folks like Ebdon, Lee, Ding, Selby & Allen all going out early, and more recently Trump. Makes it far better to watch not having to see them play, bored out my brain, listening to Virgo and Taylor praise them endlessly.

Great to see Hendry make a 147 before he retired and not be thumped in the early rounds. Higgins was poor throughout but wasnt surprising considering how his season has been. Williams was unfortunate to meet O'Sullivan in the second round and in such good form.

Last 4; Roberson/O'Sullivan, Maguire, Stevens & probably Carter.

Not sure O'Sullivan will win it, i would back Roberson at the moment but it will surely be whoever wins that match. Maguire is a great player but always seems to have a session where his head goes completely, personally i dont think he has the temperament. Hendry was really poor tonight, probably as bad as Higgins was, so its difficult to know how Maguire will cope under pressure against a stronger opponent. Even in his first round match against Luca Brecel he wacked the balls around at times.

A Maguire O'Sullivan final would be a fantastic final for the sport.

Its been a good tournament with folks like Ebdon, Lee, Ding, Selby & Allen all going out early, and more recently Trump. Makes it far better to watch not having to see them play, bored out my brain, listening to Virgo and Taylor praise them endlessly.

Great to see Hendry make a 147 before he retired and not be thumped in the early rounds. Higgins was poor throughout but wasnt surprising considering how his season has been. Williams was unfortunate to meet O'Sullivan in the second round and in such good form.

Last 4; Roberson/O'Sullivan, Maguire, Stevens & probably Carter.

Not sure O'Sullivan will win it, i would back Roberson at the moment but it will surely be whoever wins that match. Maguire is a great player but always seems to have a session where his head goes completely, personally i dont think he has the temperament. Hendry was really poor tonight, probably as bad as Higgins was, so its difficult to know how Maguire will cope under pressure against a stronger opponent. Even in his first round match against Luca Brecel he wacked the balls around at times.

A Maguire O'Sullivan final would be a fantastic final for the sport.

O'Sullivan getting nowhere near the final would be fantastic for the sport. Matthew Stevens and Steven Maguire to play out an epic final please.

O'Sullivan getting nowhere near the final would be fantastic for the sport. Matthew Stevens and Steven Maguire to play out an epic final please.

It would be good for the sport because folks who otherwise might not bother to watch will because its Ronnie, like Phil Taylor in darts. Plus it would be a great final. The hardest thing is getting people to watch, once they do they might actually enjoy it. Stevens doesnt hold the same level of interest.

Must admit i find Stevens to be 'pah' and a shrug of the shoulders, so if not Ronnie than Robertson who at least brings some entertainment to the game.

Whoever is in it, the final cant be as bad as when Dott won it in 2006 beating Ebdon. The quality was awful.

I think Stevens is a great player to watch. Very similar style to Maguire, goes for everything and not lacking bottle. He just punches the table and stamps his cue less than Maguire but just as good to watch when playing.

Ronnie is a spoilt brat with no regard for the sport or its fans, I think Robertson will have him out on his way to winning it anyway, much as I would rather see one of the above win it.

I can totally see why people dislike Ronnie as he does come across as ungrateful to the sport and crowd at times, however he does bring entertainment to the sport. Hopefully he's finally stopped with the endless threats to quit yet not. Considering he hates the travel and leaving his kids will be interesting to see if he will go to the 5 ranking tournaments in China and all the PTC's spread across the world next season, especially if he does go on and win on Monday. Might he go out on a high? He had to win in Germany Masters to avoid the qualifiers this year.

Willie Thorne is aptly named. ohhhh that's sooooo careless, the shot was so simpleee, why didn't he play the shot I would have played...

f**k right up, dick.

Stevens is getting a shoeing but O'Sullivan is getting a good run of the ball as well.