Snooker

RedWeb

The quicker the BBC get Virgo, Taylor and Thorne off their commentary team the better as they almost make the matches unwatchable with their shit 10 year old in-jokes that were never funny, wrongly called shots (and then moaning about the player not going with their one), fucking up scores for frames, boring stories that offer nothing, stating the fucking obvious, over-hyping everything thats ever done, and never shutting up the f**k up.

Ronnie demolishing Hawkins 10 - 3 at the moment. But we all want Barry to win some frames because he deserves it as he is such a nice chap according to Taylor.

Edited by meanmistermustard

The quicker the BBC get Virgo, Taylor and Thorne off their commentary team the better as they almost make the matches unwatchable with their shit 10 year old in-jokes that were never funny, wrongly called shots (and then moaning about the player not going with their one), fucking up scores for frames, boring stories that offer nothing, stating the fucking obvious, over-hyping everything thats ever done, and never shutting up the f**k up.

Ronnie demolishing Hawkins 10 - 3 at the moment. But we all want Barry to win some frames because he deserves it as he is such a nice chap according to Taylor.

Thorne and Taylor I don't mind but f**k me Virgo is absolutely brutal.

His shit jokes always get a giggle out of those arseholes who wear the little headsets. Why would you pay to listen to commentary when you're watching the bloody match live in the arena!?

I like Dennis Taylor's commentary and it's amusing hearing John Virgo getting excited any time the cue ball goes anywhere near a pocket. They both have a sense of humour, which is needed in snooker commentary. Taylor, Ken Doherty and John Parrott are the top 3.

Willie Thorne and Terry Griffiths, however, are brutally boring gentlemen. Stephen Hendry gets a wee bit of slack since he was a brilliant player but I'd take the microphones off Willie and Terry before anyone else.

I haven't seen too much of o'sullivan but whenever I watch him this year he occasionally shows his flow that sees him win with such ease but it is only in small bursts , for him to again have a session to spare is a slight surprise tbh, is it a case of fear factor?

I'll probably watch it with the commentary off as either way its going to be overindulgent shit. Tonights commentary was bad enough without the 2 day wankathon over Ronnie and when Selby does anything in response. Hate the bbc commentary by the main three (Dennis, John and Willie).

Selby is notorious for not showing up in finals, and I don't see any reason to think this will be any different. I criticized the overall standard of the tournament last year, but I would go as far to say that's it's even worse this year. The tourney schedule is clearly causing burnout with most of the players. Not to mention there is a lot of players suffering from depression. Players are complaining about it, but it doesn't help when you someone like Barry Hearn telling them to GFY

That's maybe a bit harsh on Selby - a losing record in finals but he's 3 of 6 of the Masters, UK and World. Hard to see past 3 in 7 the way things are going, mind. Could be over without an evening session tomorrow at this rate.

Heard about the rankings being changed to prize money based which seems to have been well received from what little I've heard. Could help the bigger players who can be more choosy, possibly.

I like Taylor. Parrot is clearly the best of the commentary team in all aspects. Virgo is a clueless, boring, biased arsehole and Willie fucking Thorne is the worst of the lot. Has his clear favourites on the circuit and is so stupidly hypercritical of everyone else. Every time I hear "oh that's so caaareless" I want to tap dance on his daft fucking tachio-ed coupon.

O'Sullivan will prob run out comfortably here but Selby isn't a quitter. Good matchup for a final.

If anyone reading this is in Sheffield, can you please go to The Crucible and set fire to John Virgo.

Hopefully the fire spreads to a few replica football tops nearby.

Oh, and

Edited by trainspotter

Unfortunately there's the break now. I don't expect O'Sullivan to have such a poor spell again. Selby playing superbly to keep him out so far today.