Snooker

RedWeb

Anyone else hoping that Ronnie "will I/won't I pot the black for a 147" O'Sullivan gets beat today?

Absolutely.

Unfortunately I think that last scrappy frame was a massive turning point and will haunt Selby. He had so many chances to keep his foot on O'Sullivan's throat but instead let him back up. The disappointing thing is that it wasn't a mesmeric break from O'Sullivan that has done Selby in - it was a case of nerves.

Funny that Selby is having sich luck this frame. Willie Thorne is beelin' after spending the session sucking O'Sullivan's boab.

Thorne is Selby's biggest fan? Both from Leicester.

He might fancy a bit of Selby but much like Virgo he is a total O'Sullivan (and Trump) fanboy. He can't see past him.

He might fancy a bit of Selby but much like Virgo he is a total O'Sullivan (and Trump) fanboy. He can't see past him.

Aye he loves O'Sullivan (most of them do) but Willie Thorne is absolutely in Selby's corner - there's not any doubt about that. Selby came up playing in Thorne's club and if anything, Thorne is trying too hard not to be biased.

Cannot believe that missed pink by O'Sullivan. Maybe Selby has a chance? Certainly a lot closer than I thought it would be, especially fifteen frames in.

Hopefully a decent evening session to follow.

That was incredible.

In true Kevin Keegan style I would absolutely love it if Selby won. The only thing better would be if O'Sullivan lost the plot and disgraced himself again by punching a fan or the ref.

I still reckon Ronnie is going to get the win but that miss on the pink in the last frame was absolutely shocking. Selby will take a lot of confidence from that session but it has to be said the standard was very poor.

I've been saying this for a long while now but it really is time for Virgo, Thorne and Taylor to retire from the commentary box. Their commentary is boring and they don't even offer the type of indepth, technical analysis that Hendry, Davis, Doherty and Parrott are capable of.

O'Sullivan the greatest player to ever pick up a queue I heard Parrot say earlier whilst sitting next to Stephen Hendry :lol:

He's probably the greatest "natural talent" to pick up a cue......

He's probably the greatest "natural talent" to pick up a cue......

In terms of being able to hit 147's in 5 minutes and being able to play left and right handed then definitely.

But Hendry is and always will be the best player to pick up a cue, it's not even close.

In terms of being able to hit 147's in 5 minutes and being able to play left and right handed then definitely.

But Hendry is and always will be the best player to pick up a cue, it's not even close.

I tend to agree.......but what if O'Sullivan wins 8 World Championships? Admittedly a long way to go but could be argued if he did.........as I, like a poster above stated, believe no's 6 to 20 is stronger these days.

I tend to agree.......but what if O'Sullivan wins 8 World Championships? Admittedly a long way to go but could be argued if he did.........as I, like a poster above stated, believe no's 6 to 20 is stronger these days.

I don't think Ronnie has the mentality to stick around for that long tbh, he's always been mentally quite fragile. Often saying how much he doesn't enjoy the game as much as he used to etc.

If he manages to win this one then possibly the incentive to surpass Hendry would drive him on but with players like Robertson, Selby, Trump, Murphy, Hawkins around it'll be difficult for him to do that.

Hendry winning 5 world titles in a row (36 ranking titles in total) 775 centuries and being number 1 for 8 consecutive seasons means he'll always be the best in my eyes.