Snooker

RedWeb

True story; I predicted Hawkins to win at 7-1 down - I just didn't put money on it or tell anyone. He's a much better player than Fu and it was clear during the first session he was just dying for another few hours in his bed after the O'Sullivan match.

With Selby looking poor in all his matches so far, the tournament looks like Ding's to lose.

:lol:

Still maintain the comparative rest between 2nd round - quarter final matches was the deciding factor here, but tough luck. A Fu v Ding final would be great, if only to challenge the bollocks Anglo-centric idea that the Crucible has a divine right to the world championship, when there's a huge amount of interest in the game and talent coming from abroad.

A great clearance there from Marco. Misses the easiest chances to wrap up the game with Hawkins closing the gap then clears the table from there? Great match. 

Btw it wasn't just bad luck, it was criminal the way they scheduled this round. Hawkins might have a right to feel hard done by.

Higgins has always seemed like a really genuine, humble guy. Not sure why anyone would think that unless they're still caught up with that video from the Sun that got him a misconduct charge. 

"Misconduct charge"? He took a dive. He should've been banned just like Hann and Lee were.

They were found guilty of match fixing. He wasn't. Up to you what you want to believe. 

They were found guilty of match fixing. He wasn't. Up to you what you want to believe.

I believe he was very fortunate to escape a life ban, especially as his manager was banned for life.

Happy to agree to disagree though.

Regardless of whether he's a good guy or not, I like to see new players do well and so him winning a fifth title would've been the most boring option, IMO. Glad he's out either way.

I'm loving angles instead :wub:

Top fella, hope he does it. Sadly I think he'll come up short against Ding, will predict an all asian final with him and Marco.

China v Hong Kong, tasty.

I'd love to see a Fu vs McManus final, if only cos they're both older than me. Sadly, the smart money says it will Ding vs Selby. If it is, I hope Ding romps it.

The BBC website was claiming last night that at 45 McManus was the oldest ever Crucible semi finalist. My first thought was that it can't be right, I remember Mountjoy and Reardon playing in finals in 1981 & 82. Turns out Mountjoy was only 38, but Reardon was 49 when he played thar final. Not like the Beeb to be wrong...