Snooker

RedWeb

Aye, even his co-commentator was lightly taking the piss out of him about it. It's probably time to hang up your microphone when you're getting out-bantered by Willie Thorne. 

Quick question ... hark back to the days of Big Break. Did Ronnie O'Sullivan ever make an appearance? If he did, you'd be thinking "you dancer". Whereas if Peter Ebdon turned out to be your mystery snooker player, you'd probably just say "ah f**k it. Just let me do JV's trick shot the now to be done with it". 

Come to think of it I don't ever remember O'Sullivan on it. Terry Griffiths used to appear which must have been torture. 40 seconds to pot as many reds as you can and he'd be standing chalking his cue, checking angles, going for a shot then standing up again. Most of the players played in the spirit intended though. It used to be fun watching someone like Willie Thorne sprinting round the table for a pot with 5 seconds left on the clock.

The McManus, Ding match trumps the Hawkins O'Sullivan match in terms of overall standard IMO. I must admit this Worlds has got me questioning if there is really that much difference between the top players anymore.

Love the tactical frames. Okay you wouldn't want it every frame or the match would last longer than an Aston Villa losing streak, but when it's the last few frames much prefer this to someone knocking in back to back centuries to win in ten minutes.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa (R)