Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

4 hours ago, The DA said:

Did we know that the RAF has fighters flying over Israel?

image.png.f7474699645007f002d6744d8091f20b.png

They probably fly over Israel quite often on their way back to Cyprus from Arabian adventures.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They probably fly over Israel quite often on their way back to Cyprus from Arabian adventures.

Probably. But not as much fun as a good conspiracy theory.

On 13/03/2024 at 21:08, The Golden God said:

You think they can’t get more mental. 

He's got himself suspended now. Not for that tweet. For overtly lying about Israel's blocking of UK aid to Gazans in Twitter exchanges he had with David Cameron and Alicia Kearns (Tory MP).

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Palestine currently beating Bangladesh 4-0 in a World Cup qualifier. At home.

In Kuwait rather than underground.

Al-Jazeera have published footage taken from an Israeli drone, which I won't be linking here because it's absolutely horrible and I'm never going to forget looking at it. Obviously unarmed civilians walking down roads being blown to pieces, just because they can. It's simply indiscriminate slaughter, and it's happening hundreds of times a day.

63 year old West Bank Palestinian man who had converted to Judaism and changed his Arabic name to a Hebrew name. He'd done that in a bid to be allowed to live in Israel. An understandable desire given the enormous wealth disparity between the occupied and economically crippled West Bank then Israel. Despite voluntarily erasing his own identity in order to assume the identity of his colonisers, that wasn't enough. The Israeli state wanted nothing to do with him. He also faced persecution from West Bank authorities for his attempts. 

Yesterday he was shot dead, murdered execution-style, by an IDF reservist. It might've been at a checkpoint but the report says it was at a bus stop so more likely it was random harassment.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/palestinian-converted-judaism-shot-dead-by-israel-reservist

Israel has declared an area of the occupied West Bank as state land - the biggest in decades, according to activists - which could now be used for settlement activity. The timing of the announcement, by far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, was significant, coinciding with the arrival in Israel of US Secretary of State Antony Blinken for talks on the Gaza war.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-68631712

They really are delivering a big FU to the Yanks, on the day the Russians and Chinese vetoed a US Ceasefire resolution. 

The second camera angle when the footage replays is probably clearer. The boy is shopping with his granny and brother and he's placing items at the till. The soldier calls the boy over, repeatedly slaps the boy and strips him of his top which he later walks off with, stealing it from the boy. You see how the granny tries to protect her grandson while aware that she must be careful. The shopkeeper sits there while the soldier picks up and chucks down the items, seemingly to intimidate. 

Significant psychological harm being inflicted on a child. Yet an incident like that is only the dullest end of the blade when it comes to occupation.

Republican Congressman, and former Christian Pastor, has alternative version of the Beatitudes. Speaking in Dundee, Michigan. We Dundonians take a great interest in all things Palestinian.

Rather than provide humanitarian aid in Gaza, the US should ensure it is subjected to atomic bombing the way that “Nagasaki and Hiroshima” were at the end of the second world war.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/31/tim-walberg-republican-congressman-gaza

19 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Republican Congressman, and former Christian Pastor, has alternative version of the Beatitudes. Speaking in Dundee, Michigan. We Dundonians take a great interest in all things Palestinian.

Rather than provide humanitarian aid in Gaza, the US should ensure it is subjected to atomic bombing the way that “Nagasaki and Hiroshima” were at the end of the second world war.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/31/tim-walberg-republican-congressman-gaza

I do think there isn't enough political assassination nowadays. If you're a parliamentarian who calls for the bombing of a civilian population instead of aid then you get a bullet to the head for your troubles. That'll make these chumps think twice before doing so. 

I know over here there's the reframing of accountability as harassment and there would be a collective Lovejoying at this measure, and I imagine that there would be a doubling down from those who "don't negotiate with terrorists". I just feel that parliamentarians get away Scot free advocating for measures that would make the lives of so many utterly miserable (or unbearable in the case of disabled people being reassessed while depriving them of money). 

1 minute ago, velo army said:

I do think there isn't enough political assassination nowadays. If you're a parliamentarian who calls for the bombing of a civilian population instead of aid then you get a bullet to the head for your troubles. That'll make these chumps think twice before doing so. 

I know over here there's the reframing of accountability as harassment and there would be a collective Lovejoying at this measure, and I imagine that there would be a doubling down from those who "don't negotiate with terrorists". I just feel that parliamentarians get away Scot free advocating for measures that would make the lives of so many utterly miserable (or unbearable in the case of disabled people being reassessed while depriving them of money). 

Given the new hate crime legislation introduced today, if he visited Scotland and said the same thing would he be picked up by the fuzz?