Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

It'll give the Israelis time to target some more hospitals, schools, and aid relief centres in preparation for the next wave of bombings.

if hamas fighters choose to hide and fire from these places then they become legitimate targets im afraid

did you see the bbc report(on world aswell) where they showed the gun placement that had been destroyed by the israelies in a childrens playground??

Anyone remember a couple weeks back when the Palestinians were claiming that Israel had been using white phosphorus shells? Anyone remember the strong denials from the Israelis? Denials like these?

"The IDF [israeli Defense Forces] acts only in accordance with what is permitted by international law and does not use white phosphorus," IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi told Israel's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Tuesday in response to a query.

Well it turns out that the Israelis well telling porkies all along. They lied to the world, and have been caught out.

Now, in the face of mounting evidence and international outcry, Israel has been forced to backtrack on that initial denial. “Yes, phosphorus was used but not in any illegal manner,” Yigal Palmor, a Foreign Ministry spokesman, told The Times. “Some practices could be illegal but we are going into that. The IDF (Israel Defence Forces) is holding an investigation concerning one specific incident.”

Makes you wonder just what else the Israelis have decided to lie about...you know, like their claims that they only shell hospitals/schools/UN buildings/hotels/houses when they are fired upon. Or that they don't want to ethnically cleanse the Palestinians perhaps?

• 1 year later...

Anyone following the latest developments, a prominent figure in Hamas was killed by a hit squad with fake passports...Israel says there is "no proof" anyone involved, but some of the fake passports actually belong to several British-Israelis, and they're in trouble. Thoughts? Perfectly acceptable?

Anyone following the latest developments, a prominent figure in Hamas was killed by a hit squad with fake passports...Israel says there is "no proof" anyone involved, but some of the fake passports actually belong to several British-Israelis, and they're in trouble. Thoughts? Perfectly acceptable?

Can you prove it was mossad or israelie sponsored??

im sure this kind of thing goes on all the time in the "spy world"

ps good to see hamas leaders remebering where they are from living it up in 4 star dubai hotels ;)

Can you prove it was mossad or israelie sponsored??

im sure this kind of thing goes on all the time in the "spy world"

It does, which is why Britain has called the Israeli ambassador in, and not only that, but ignored a request to keep the summons secret. Israel has form for this sort of thing. They got an official rebuke from Britain a few years back for using British passports in an assassination, a couple Israeli agents got expelled from New Zealand for attempting to acquire some passports, and they also had to give assurances to Canada after Canadian passports were used by the Israelis. Add to that the refusal of the Israeli government to deny it, the obvious target, and the fact that the fake passports were based on Brits living in Israel, and you've got a pretty potent basis for accusation.

The British government wouldn't be demanding answers if they thought Israel were innocent. And so what if it goes on all the time? Does that make it right? Even if we ignore the actual assassination, what they are doing here is killing in our name. Time we stop accepting the Israeli "it won't happen again", and start punishing them for their repeated lies.

Oh, and since you're asking me personally for proof, given my obvious expertise in Israeli assassinations (???) do you have any proof they were not involved?

Edited by xbl

Some of press over here are also speculating that it could have been a rival Palestinian faction who were behind it.

It does, which is why Britain has called the Israeli ambassador in, and not only that, but ignored a request to keep the summons secret. Israel has form for this sort of thing. They got an official rebuke from Britain a few years back for using British passports in an assassination, a couple Israeli agents got expelled from New Zealand for attempting to acquire some passports, and they also had to give assurances to Canada after Canadian passports were used by the Israelis. Add to that the refusal of the Israeli government to deny it, the obvious target, and the fact that the fake passports were based on Brits living in Israel, and you've got a pretty potent basis for accusation.

The British government wouldn't be demanding answers if they thought Israel were innocent. And so what if it goes on all the time? Does that make it right? Even if we ignore the actual assassination, what they are doing here is killing in our name. Time we stop accepting the Israeli "it won't happen again", and start punishing them for their repeated lies.

Oh, and since you're asking me personally for proof, given my obvious expertise in Israeli assassinations (???) do you have any proof they were not involved?

I don't actually read anything in there apart from bluster and highly circumstantial evidence.

I don't actually read anything in there apart from bluster and highly circumstantial evidence.

Thats because I'm giving an opinion based on very few facts. You know, since I'm not a government official or Israeli assassin. Sort of opening things up for discussion on this public discussion forum.

Thats because I'm giving an opinion based on very few facts. You know, since I'm not a government official or Israeli assassin. Sort of opening things up for discussion on this public discussion forum.

Aye but if you're going to accuse Israel it takes bit more than what you've posted.

So some of the passports used are of people who live in Israel, it's not exactly conclusive.

Aye but if you're going to accuse Israel it takes bit more than what you've posted.

So some of the passports used are of people who live in Israel, it's not exactly conclusive.

And the precedence.

And the refusal to deny. After all, if it wasn't them and a rival Palestinian faction, then it would be a massive coup for Israel.

Oh, and the government calling the ambassador in, and making it public.

But I'm opening it up for discussion. I don't have the facts, currently, hardly anyone has the facts, but I am surprised that nobody even mentioned it on this site. I think this forum is getting less topical than it used to be, current affairs seem to be rarely commented upon.

And the precedence.

And the refusal to deny. After all, if it wasn't them and a rival Palestinian faction, then it would be a massive coup for Israel.

Oh, and the government calling the ambassador in, and making it public.

But I'm opening it up for discussion. I don't have the facts, currently, hardly anyone has the facts, but I am surprised that nobody even mentioned it on this site. I think this forum is getting less topical than it used to be, current affairs seem to be rarely commented upon.

The Dubai police have certainly moved much quicker than usual, given the hostility towards "Israel" in this part of the world then if they had evidence it was Mossad we'd certainly know about it.

The Israeli Foreign Minister has said there is no evidence linking the killing to Israel.

The Dubai police have certainly moved much quicker than usual, given the hostility towards "Israel" in this part of the world then if they had evidence it was Mossad we'd certainly know about it.

The Israeli Foreign Minister has said there is no evidence linking the killing to Israel.

Thats not the same as saying they didn't do it. Indeed, that same Foreign Minster emphasised a "policy of ambiguity", where they don't commit. It could well be that there is no evidence...however, whoever it was has been caught using fake passports! So now they've got Dubai investigating, and Britain, Ireland, France, and Germany investigating. The facts are probably going to come out. If Israel truly has no involvement, then surely they have got to say this, otherwise, international relations are going to plummet, badly.

Thats not the same as saying they didn't do it. Indeed, that same Foreign Minster emphasised a "policy of ambiguity", where they don't commit. It could well be that there is no evidence...however, whoever it was has been caught using fake passports! So now they've got Dubai investigating, and Britain, Ireland, France, and Germany investigating. The facts are probably going to come out. If Israel truly has no involvement, then surely they have got to say this, otherwise, international relations are going to plummet, badly.

It could still be anyone that was behind it, it's not that difficult for a group to get a hold of fake passports if they want them, it doesn't say much for the new "biometric" passports that the UK and US go on about mind you.