Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Guess that explains why they were going to all the trouble of taking old Israeli grandmas and mothers with young children back into Gaza. Seriously doubted it was for humanitarian reasons given what happened at the rave with the big Buddha statue. Netanyahu probably wasn't going to lose any sleep over a few hippies but a holocaust survivor would be hitting the jackpot on this for Hamas on international news coverage and in emotional blackmail terms unfortunately. Complete and utter scum to stoop to that level but you can see the rationale behind it.

I think hamas has possibly completely misjudged the response , there was probably a good opportunity for them to take idf or men only hostages and not kill civilians or at least limit it. They would potentially be in a different situation now. Now even threatening the killing of a hostage on video would seem a no win situation for them. 

Edited by ScotiaNostra

There's also the rumours that Hamas have some shiny new equipment purchased on the black market which was last seen in Eastern Europe. 

Which would be slightly embarrassing for certain people.

Just now, J_Stewart said:

Is this…is this the Israeli prime minister actively tweeting out videos of his country committing war crimes?

What a world we live in. I do not mean that positively.

It’s fine, they gave them a wee roof knock first. Nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

There's also the rumours that Hamas have some shiny new equipment purchased on the black market which was last seen in Eastern Europe. 

Which would be slightly embarrassing for certain people.

None of the evidence from the attacks shows the attackers using any equipment from Ukraine. Some Russian propaganda outlets have made the claim that Ukrainian weapons were used in the attack but no evidence for this has been presented. The Ukrainian military intelligence agency have said that Russia are planning to send captured weapons to Gaza for propaganda purposes, ie to show Western arms are being used against Israel, blowback, corrupt Ukraine etc. I find that highly doubtful as well tbh.

Weapons are easily identifiable and none have been identified as being the ones sent to Ukraine. It doesn’t make practical sense either - Hamas and the other organisations have reliable suppliers of weapons already and the Middle East isn’t exactly lacking in weapons and people to sell you them. 

Twitter account War Noir has put out some good rundowns of the weapons used by Hamas. I won’t link to it as they have some videos of attacks on their account but you can search for it if you want. The sources are mainly where you would expect - Iranian, Chinese and some Russian weapons as well as some Romanian and Hungarian manufactured kit.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Hamas have said they will execute a hostage every time Israel targets a civilian house without warning. They’ve said they’ll release audio and video of the executions.

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Was about to say the very same.

How many hostages have you got?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

In an existential struggle your enemy's enemy is your friend. Iran has been backing Hamas alongside supplying Russia with drones and missiles. Israel has been a bit reticent about helping Ukraine, it's a no lose situation for Ukraine to back Israel given the situation they're in, also in regards to the doubts about continued American support. Moral nuances go out of the window when the shit hits the fan. 

e.g. World War 2

Hamas's goal was to shake Israel's sense of internal invulnerability, and to provoke a massive response that might undermine their international support. There have been zero moves towards improving the lives and opportunities of the caged people of Gaza and the West Bank for decades, there have been members of the current Israeli government openly proposing genocide. Most people would condemn the murderous atrocities committed by Hamas, but it's not irrational given zero peaceful alternatives. 

Really difficult to watch all this bloodshed in Israel and Palestine. Can anyone encourage those in power to stop the further suffering of innocent human beings?
Cutting off food, water and medicine to vulnerable people is not a humane response to this atrocity.

I dunno if I've just been paying more attention recently but it seems that there are just constant bad bad hings happening to civilians across the globe right now.  Can think of at least 11 countries there's been atrocities on civilians since September started, and that's only ones I know of so there will be much more. 

Spoiler

Congo

Ukraine

Iraq

Palestine

Sudan

Nagorno Karabakh

Myanmar

Kenya

Somalia

Syria

Israel

Shite shite times. 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I dunno if I've just been paying more attention recently but it seems that there are just constant bad bad hings happening to civilians across the globe right now.  Can think of at least 11 countries there's been atrocities on civilians since September started, and that's only ones I know of so there will be much more. 

Hide contents

Congo

Ukraine

Iraq

Palestine

Sudan

Nagorno Karabakh

Myanmar

Kenya

Somalia

Syria

Israel

Shite shite times. 

Worlds pish m8 I'll be glad to leave it.