Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

You know what I'd like to see? More lunatic versus lunatic arguing! Forget the "reasonable" vs "lunatic" arguments, lets just have the "there is no such place as palestine" on one side, the "there are no such people as jews" on the other, and let THEM fight it out!

Hmmm.

Well what is interesting about Zionism and Nazism is that they are both Völkisch movements. and they were both popularized at a time when eugenics, nationalism and race purity were high on the agenda and they are both essentially supremacist in character. They say "we are better than you, we need to keep our selves pure".

You see as soon as you start to think you are special, chosen, God's chosen master race then you are just a heart beat away from the next 'logical' conclusion, that others are not special, not chosen, sub-chosen, sub-human.

Zionism and Nazism are stable mates.

Zionism is to the Jewish people what Nazism was to the German people.

Nazism was crushed in WWII.

Zionism is thriving and leading us with certainty into WWIII.

They are both incredibly incendiary and dangerous Völkisch movements. One is dead the other is not.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "

Indeed.

Cheers Kara, first time I`ve seen that documentary.

A surreal experience in Gaza

No probs :)

I would get involved in the debate but a) I don't know anywhere near enough on the issue and b) I can't be bothered reading through 40 pages of posts.

If anyone wants to give a quick summary feel free!

Edited by kara_hibee

I would get involved in the debate but a) I don't know anywhere near enough on the issue and b) I can't be bothered reading through 40 pages of posts.

Palestinians are a shower of rocket launching c***s, that's all you need to know.

I quite like curry, but I also quite like bagels. Which one is best? There's only one way to find out...

19_harryhillfight.gif

Last night's curry left overs on a toasted bagel. MMMMMMMM. Shit, got it wrong.. Peace be upon all who refuse to judge neighbours by their rulers.

Edited by welshbairn

Some people want the Israelis to kick f**k out the Palestinians.

Some people want the Palestinians to kick f**k out the Israelis.

Some people can see both sides point of view.

Some people are self-appointed experts on the subject.

That's it in a nutshell.

1353355659[/url]' post='6822546']

The last half a dozen pages or so of this thread are made up almost exclusively of that.

The "you have chosen to ignore this throbber" bit, not Greggy Wallaces fantastic smug coupon, which would have been much better

It would be cool if Israel just carpet bombed palestine with Greg Wallace pics.

What both sides really need is the support of a helpful faction elsewhere in the world, somewhere peaceful that's used to talking through problems to find an equitable, secular solution, Has anybody asked Charles Green or Neil Lennon for their ideas?