The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

41 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Forum was quite informative last night. Three new players done and dusted for January and a good few looking to be loaned out/moved on. Some very interesting comments about Falkirk. 😎

Interesting comments about Falkirk 🤔

was it they are a massive club with a huge fanbase and a great team, full of handsome b*****ds who out fought and out played you lot last week.

Any fan forum I've been at concentrates on Falkirk. No point talking about the opposition when you need to do the business yourselves. Seems like a bit of trying to placate the fans by saying don't worry we've got 3 boys signed up and Falkirk will lose one of their best players so everything's Rosey.

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Just some interesting ho news about a very important player for them. 😉

That will either be the rumour about Stephen McGinn retiring or Callum Morrison heading south …….both of which might well be true or far fetched……guess time will tell but hey if McGinn does hang up his boots then Scotty Arfield will just come a few months earlier than anticipated to replace him.

if I were you though be better checking out credibility of the alleged signings you are making… 😎

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Any fan forum I've been at concentrates on Falkirk. No point talking about the opposition when you need to do the business yourselves. Seems like a bit of trying to placate the fans by saying don't worry we've got 3 boys signed up and Falkirk will lose one of their best players so everything's Rosey.

Well,no, that’s not how it went at all. 

On 22/12/2023 at 10:42, stepek 4 tellys said:

Forum was quite informative last night. Three new players done and dusted for January and a good few looking to be loaned out/moved on. Some very interesting comments about Falkirk. 😎

No way they’d sign 3 players and bin Rankin IMO. 

Wonder which player, they’re all so important at the moment. Just as well we’ve got a deep squad to deal with it.

A lot of fans didn't like Stuart Taylor or Brian Rice but they actually had some sort of system and plan. I thought Taylors football was dreadful and I was one of the people calling for him to go but again he had a plan and had some sort of tactics. Rankin doesn't have a clue no Plan B wasting a team full of good players. Thing is Rice and Taylor both weren't backed Rankin has been fully backed by the board and he can't get anything out of some of the players it's clear to see some have chucked it like McGowan and Tumilty. Rankin must be sacked now and not when he loses the playoffs again for the 2nd year in a row. It's going to be a long couple of months now as the league is gone now.

29 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

A lot of fans didn't like Stuart Taylor or Brian Rice but they actually had some sort of system and plan. I thought Taylors football was dreadful and I was one of the people calling for him to go but again he had a plan and had some sort of tactics. Rankin doesn't have a clue no Plan B wasting a team full of good players. Thing is Rice and Taylor both weren't backed Rankin has been fully backed by the board and he can't get anything out of some of the players it's clear to see some have chucked it like McGowan and Tumilty. Rankin must be sacked now and not when he loses the playoffs again for the 2nd year in a row. It's going to be a long couple of months now as the league is gone now.

The biggest problem at Accies is that a complete moron like Strain has wangled the DOF post despite having zero qualifications to get it. His continual backing of Rankin will almost certainly mean we will be in L1 next season.

30 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

The biggest problem at Accies is that a complete moron like Strain has wangled the DOF post despite having zero qualifications to get it. His continual backing of Rankin will almost certainly mean we will be in L1 next season.

I don't like Strain due to the stuff last season but I do think he deserves credit for the summer. We need a proper manager to lead the team though. Hearing we want at least 3 in which won't make a difference under his system.

On 22/12/2023 at 11:15, stepek 4 tellys said:

Just some interesting news about a very important player for them. 😉

A year or two back, that comment would have likely been aimed at Morrison. As he was easily our best player and the only one who could create something out of nothing. He's scored a few crackers this season, such as the third goal against you last week and his last-minute winner against Montrose. 

He's superb on his game, but can be inconsistent as he proved today by not doing anything particularly special against Annan. Whereas we now have so many other good players who can step up and contribute instead of always relying on just the one creator. As today showed when we scored two absolute peaches - from our each of our centre halves. One of whom has that in his locker as it's not the first time he's done it. And we have a very strong bench. 

If we lose one player in January - which I think you're insinuating - it should make very little difference to us, And I'm not so sure we'll lose anyone as whoever you're referring to has a very good chance of picking up a medal at the end of the season. 

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A year or two back, that comment would have likely been aimed at Morrison. As he was easily our best player and the only one who could create something out of nothing. He's scored a few crackers this season, such as the third goal against you last week and his last-minute winner against Montrose. 

He's superb on his game, but can be inconsistent as he proved today by not doing anything particularly special against Annan. Whereas we now have so many other good players who can step up and contribute instead of always relying on just the one creator. As today showed when we scored two absolute peaches - from our each of our centre halves. One of whom has that in his locker as it's not the first time he's done it. And we have a very strong bench. 

If we lose one player in January - which I think you're insinuating - it should make very little difference to us, And I'm not so sure we'll lose anyone as whoever you're referring to has a very good chance of picking up a medal at the end of the season. 

Ok, here’s the scoop. Our DOF, who by the way I despise, claimed at the forum that he last week approached Morrison with a view to signing him(stifle your laughter for a moment and humour me please) He was told, thanks but no thanks as he was signing a pre contract with a team down south in January. Falkirk are looking to get some sort of cash for him in January as they have players they want in which will allow him to leave then rather than at the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ok, here’s the scoop. Our DOF, who by the way I despise, claimed at the forum that he last week approached Morrison with a view to signing him(stifle your laughter for a moment and humour me please) He was told, thanks but no thanks as he was signing a pre contract with a team down south in January. Falkirk are looking to get some sort of cash for him in January as they have players they want in which will allow him to leave then rather than at the end of the season. 

Shame that we all second guessed you apart from the nonsense of an approach re CM………. as far fetched as your home crowd figures on 16th Dec 😎