Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

I don't think the ROI would really want Northern Ireland, why would they?

Churchill orffered it to de Valera and he said No thanks.

On a lighter note: I was in Auld's the bakers in Irvine last week and had a coffee and a scone. It was £3.10 and I tendered a twenty. Had a smile to myself when she gave me my change.

I've never worn a bowler hat in my life, but it appears that you mind is already made up?

Having grown up in this area I would be surprised if many other posters will have the same local knowledge, but there you go. Even if I had worn a bowler hat, would that automatically make me a liar?

I tried.

"Small loyalist areas under constant siege or, in the case of Torrens, an area where the working class protestant population was ethnically cleansed by their peace loving neighbours through constant intimidation."

How does that explain why Catholics would be offended at that point of the march?

My experience of living in Dublin leads me to reply "would they fcuk"!

I wouldn't even be surprised if a large section of Catholics would be happy staying within the UK either

Do you get political parties in NI that are not Unionists = protestant or Nationalists = republicans?

I wouldn't even be surprised if a large section of Catholics would be happy staying within the UK either

Do you get political parties in NI that are not Unionists = protestant or Nationalists = republicans?

Alliance Party

Womens Coalition

The Green Party (don't poll well in Loyalist areas funnily enough)

There may be more.

Peaceful protests fine - these "protests" are totally wrong.

It's all part of the illusionary divide and rule granda, innit? :) Let's be honest. Does anyone really think that the corrupt weathy elite bankster families and their puppets of their corrupt ponzi pyramid control system of the so-called UK would have been able to get away with all of their dirty deeds if they and their predecessors had not spent many centuries creating many illusionary puppet organisations? Organisations created specifically to cause many divisions among the people of the so-called UK. The people of the so-called UK are very easily misled and divided by the crooked masters of deception above them.

The last thing the corrupt wealthy elite on earth want is people living in peace and harmony with each other. There is no profit in peace and harmony among the people for the wealthy elite puppet masters.

Edited by Saor Alba

We do indeed, the Alliance Party, out own equivalent of the Lib Dems. Also others like Green Party, Rainbow Party, various smaller Labour parties.

My good friend back home is a devout Catholic, and by that I mean he attends church as regularly as every week rather than being a pious w@nk, yet he prefers the status quo, without the rioting of course.

The problem with Catholics who want to be British and Protestants who want a united Ireland is they are reluctant to say too much about it.

Agree with the first point, they shouldn't be allowed to march through Catholic areas, except the Ardoyne shop front is not an area with a large Catholic population; it is a short stretch of road and the "offended" have to make an effort to leave their houses, bypass the shops and go up onto the Crumlin Road. It seems to me that the republicans have been rewarded for years of rioting.

Agree entirely; the rioting is reprehensible, stupid, and actually sets back any argument they might have had.

Is it just the Crumlin Road they've been told not to march through?

Seems to me that there's people on both sides who just use everything as an excuse to riot and complain.

I wonder if they'll ever realise what a bunch of utter twats they are

It's all part of the illusionary divide and rule granda, innit? :) Let's be honest. Does anyone really think that the corrupt weathy elite bankster families and their puppets of their corrupt ponzi pyramid control system of the so-called UK would have been able to get away with all of their dirty deeds if they and their predecessors had not spent many centuries creating many illusionary puppet organisations to cause many divisions among the people of the so-called UK? The people of the so-called UK are very easily misled and divided by the crooked masters of deception at the top.

The last thing the corrupt wealthy elite on earth want is people living in peace and harmony with each other. There is no profit in that for the puppet masters.

Well aren't you the lucky chap that will be able to change all that in next year's referendum, while I'm stuck with the status quo...

Is it just the Crumlin Road they've been told not to march through?

Seems to me that there's people on both sides who just use everything as an excuse to riot and complain.

I wonder if they'll ever realise what a bunch of utter twats they are

No

"Small loyalist areas under constant siege or, in the case of Torrens, an area where the working class protestant population was ethnically cleansed by their peace loving neighbours through constant intimidation."

How does that explain why Catholics would be offended at that point of the march?

People get bused in from elsewhere to be "offended" in these situations and if they get their way on the Crumlin Road they'll shift their focus somewhere else and create a new cause celebre to moan to the international media about. It's all about slowly expanding their turf.

It doesn't, but LTL posted the names of these two areas and you asked for an explanation directly underneath.

The trouble back home is very much a two way thing.

People get bused in from elsewhere to be "offended" in these situations and if they get their way on the Crumlin Road they'll shift their focus somewhere else and create a new cause celebre to moan to the international media about. It's all about slowly expanding their turf.

So why would Catholics be offended at that particular part of the march if it's not a Catholic area? It's like pulling teeth, this.

It doesn't, but LTL posted the names of these two areas and you asked for an explanation directly underneath.

The trouble back home is very much a two way thing.

I understand that, but that is the original question I asked and I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer.

I don't think the ROI would really want Northern Ireland, why would they?

No they don't , infact people in Dublin aren't too keen on Northerners in general, personally I've never been keen on Dublin anyway and prefer the west of Ireland , more rural.

To be honest nobody in their right mind would want a United Ireland now, North or South, socially and economically it makes no sense for either country, many nationalists here are not really interested in a United Ireland but more the promotion of an Irish identity in the north.