Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s not the first time he has worried about time speeding up. I tried to give him some scientific theory on the phenomenon but he branded it “nonsense”.  It’s probably just an increasing number of booze blackouts reducing his hours spent compos mentis.

There’s a paradox here.

On the one hand, you've obviously  been hit in the head too often.

On the other hand you’ve obvious not been hit on the head often enough.

Son went to see him a few weeks ago at Newcastle, apparently a lot of shock/squirm in your seat material 

Yeah he’s pretty controversial at the best of times, at least I’m not sitting near the front in case he picks on me! Quite looking forward to it and going to have a right skinful before I go in.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Jimmy Carr was decent last night although most of his jokes I had heard before.

Yes jimmy is good, as you say repetitive, still funny. I take it you tell his jokes  to your private friends?

Yes jimmy is good, as you say repetitive, still funny. I take it you tell his jokes  to your private friends?

The funniest part were the heckles and his interactions with the audience, at one point he asked what reasons people had given/received for not having sex and a guy from the audience shouted out “She’s five!”

The funniest part were the heckles and his interactions with the audience, at one point he asked what reasons people had given/received for not having sex and a guy from the audience shouted out “She’s five!”

Heckles can be quite comical when they're shot down but I hate those c***s that don't know when to give it a rest and the comedian has to end up ignoring them.

I saw Daniel Sloss in Killie. It was a warm up gig before Edinburgh so the ticket was about £8 and Craig Hill performed as well (who was actually hilarious). An old guy didn't like Sloss and ended up walking out saying the boy was guff and he should call it a day. He was a dick tbh but Slosd didn't handle it well and actually used the line "What was the war like?" Full on cringe.

But for £8 and the fact we were made aware it was a warm up where the two were sorting their material I thought the auld guy was bang out of order.

Daniel Sloss just isn’t funny tbh but that sounds pretty harsh. The heckles were all above board last night, they weren’t actually even heckles as he was asking questions to the crowd anyway. He did a feature when you could text a number and he would read it out too which was funny.

When Kevin bridges last played the playhouse the heckles were terrible apparently, Jimmy Carr obviously attracts a different crowd as no one was out of order. Jimmys set was just too much like his most recent one on Netflix and not much of it took me by surprise. Good fun though.

Daniel Sloss just isn’t funny tbh but that sounds pretty harsh. The heckles were all above board last night, they weren’t actually even heckles as he was asking questions to the crowd anyway. He did a feature when you could text a number and he would read it out too which was funny.

When Kevin bridges last played the playhouse the heckles were terrible apparently, Jimmy Carr obviously attracts a different crowd as no one was out of order. Jimmys set was just too much like his most recent one on Netflix and not much of it took me by surprise. Good fun though.

He wasn't great.

Bridges got a few trumpets shouting when I last saw him. I think folk are less inclined to do it to the likes of Boyle and Carr (and expect Jeffries when I see him) as they have shown they are well capable of firing back quickly. That's their type of humour whereas the likes of Bridges and say Evans are more observational comedians and don't go in for that back and forth with the audience so fuckwits in the crowd will fancy themselves a wee bit more.

Just my thinking of it.

I just saw a guy around 6 foot 5 getting into in Fiat Panda and burst out laughing as it was a real life version of this

1807b89d1c24f56c93cbf4e450b5e277.jpg

My sister had a Fiat 500 for a while, I had to borrow it whilst my car was in for a service.

That photo is a visual representation of me driving it.